Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stimulite cushions

I have used Stimulite Contours for many years with no issues at all. They last forever when properly cared for by gentle washing. They are also great in warm weather.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Weight is NO problem, stimulite cushions are feather light.
    I use a stimulite classic with XS(just to be safe)in my chair and I use a silver on my handcycle. I used the contour on my ZR, but switched to the thinner classic.

you know i just bought a Jay Lite cushion that i like plus it was cheap. 200.00 after price comparison and online plus 10 % price match from SportAid. been sittin on it for nearly 2 months now. after talking to Sunrise Medical in NY over the weekend they told me there is a 2 yr. compression guarantee. might not be for everyone but i thought i would give it a try after my Jay 2's and my Deep Contour Jay2 starting bothering my left hip flexer and thigh. the soreness went away shorty after sittin on the new Jay Lite

Quote Originally Posted by randomryan007 View Post
    I am thinking the sport version would be best. with the soft layer on it.

does anyone have pics of their cushions?
    I have a stimulite sport too for my daily use, excellent.
    This is my cushion the review is in Spanish but you can see the pics.

http://www.adaptado.es/content/view/147/32/

If you're happy with the Varilite zoid, then you'll probably prefer either the stimulate sport or classic, as the contour is kinda high profile in comparison. I love the classic (never tried sport).

Super lightweight, very easy to maintain, and comfy!

Anybody ever try the stimulite slimline xs?

I would like to get the contoured, but im afraid it will sit me up too high in my chair. My jay3 back is as high as it will go. Would like your guys input or opinion on the slimeline.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    you know i just bought a Jay Lite cushion that i like plus it was cheap. 200.00 after price comparison and online plus 10 % price match from SportAid. been sittin on it for nearly 2 months now. after talking to Sunrise Medical in NY over the weekend they told me there is a 2 yr. compression guarantee. might not be for everyone but i thought i would give it a try after my Jay 2's and my Deep Contour Jay2 starting bothering my left hip flexer and thigh. the soreness went away shorty after sittin on the new Jay Lite
    Like my Jaylite too.
    Sitting for almost 2 years, really like the nicely design contour, no pressure, only thing is that, not very cooling in tropical country.

Stimulite wise, is a little heavy, but much cooling than Jaylite.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

I have had a Stimulite Classic XS for about four months - heard about it on here in fact. Easy to care for and very comfortable. There was a break-in period of a few weeks. Basically a perfect cushion, would never go back to any other non-washable type.

Not sure why so many rehab places seem reluctant to recommend them, they just seem better in almost every way than others I have seen. Probably more hygienic as well, since they are washable.

Thumbs up Stimulite cushions

The reason Stimulite's are not recomended by DME is the problem with the Medicare coding. Stimulite will not follow through to improve on this. I have used Stimulites ,all different thicknesses and sizes for the last 9 yrs. Their cushions are fantastic.

My husband was on a Stimulite when he got his pressure sores...he is light too...5'6" and 125 pounds....however, we do not believe it is because of the cushion, but because his chair broke, he was in the process of getting a new one, and we had no backup.....so he was in an older one of mine (and let's just say I am not 125 pounds). I love the cushion and have it on my basketball chair and on my tennis chair. I have the Roho Nexus on my everyday...but I will switch it out to my stimulite when I need to wash the cushion. All mine are sport cushions.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss