Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stimulite cushions

Stimulite cushions

summers here. and well swimming and varilite don't mix. so I need all stimulite cushion users to chime in. on their cushions. I am really considering one. roho is no an option for me. I need something that drys well and easy to maintian. as this summer will be playing in the water at the the local parks, and sprinklers, and swimming, I need ease of use and ease of care. my niece has one and her parents love it and so does she. thanks for all the help!

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    I use mine and often forget to turn it over when getting out of the pool, thankfully it does take long to dry. I have one for my handcycle and I'm considering using it with no cover to get some air flow to my butt.

so does the stimulite have rubber on the bottom of the cover? I'll have to look at my nieces tomorrow. lol! I am very interested. have you had any pressure sores with your cushion?I thought maybe I could remove the cover and use the cushion with out it when I go swiming. or even leave the cover off. has any one done this?

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    It has a rubber like bottom, but is perforated. I keep thinking I'll just take the cover off, too, I just forget and get to pool and decide, "screw it".
    The water will go right through it , the pores are open all the way through the cushion, that's why I'm gonna use it on my handcycle with no cover.
    I'll never use another cushion. I've owned demoed more than a half dozen cushions. Never had another pressure sores, I don't sit still long enough. I have just a little feeling in my butt and the stimulite has been the nest for me. Some say it feels stiff, especially if they had gel or air cushion.

I use one of my older Stimulites in the shower. Works fine, drips dry no problem.

can I ask witch one everyone is using? my booty is sincitive so I am thinking it might take getting use to. but I am willing to deal with that right now I have a zoid. and love it hate when it gets wet thou! this is one reason I am really looking into the Stimilite cushion. I am active. and I feel like my cushion slows me down. My OT and I have talked about this and she said that we can try servel stimulite cushions. I am afraid of the weight issues I have a otto bock for 3 month that was lent to me. and loved it but the weight and how it doesn't shed water just didn't agree with me. I have a roho I just got to a point where I hated airing it up. and got a pressure sore. so thats when my OT put me in a varilite. I love the cushion but hate that it don't shed water or dry fast. and I want to see if my booty can handle a stimulite. I would like to atleast give it a try. my niece was on a roho and she ended up with a pressure sore too. she has a varilite and a stimulite. she likes the stimulite. I guess you can say she got me interested in it. lol she has no cover on hers for the air flow. witch is nice. I am gonna stop my rambling lol and let someone else chime in. thanks for responding!

Chad has used a Stimulite for the past 5 years and it has reduced the number of pressure sores he's had. The cushion is very easy to wash and dries quickly. His is either a high countour or deep contour, I can't remember the exact name and I'm too lazy to get up and unzip the cover to check. Chad can't use a Roho either because the heat builds up too much and he ends up with fungal infections as a result and/or pressure sores. The Stimulite seems to be best suited to his particular frame and weight proportions. (ETA: he is on the thin side)
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

If I'm in the hot tub/hot springs for any length of time I'll sit on mine sans cover. Shake it out, zip the cover back on and its good to go. Best cushion ever, can't imagine why my PTs don't like them - for an active user its the best investment you can make.

i dont use a cover on my stimulite. and what i love about them is that you can throw them into the washing machine to clean them. i use the stimulite sport version.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel View Post
    Chad has used a Stimulite for the past 5 years and it has reduced the number of pressure sores he's had. The cushion is very easy to wash and dries quickly. His is either a high countour or deep contour, I can't remember the exact name and I'm too lazy to get up and unzip the cover to check. Chad can't use a Roho either because the heat builds up too much and he ends up with fungal infections as a result and/or pressure sores. The Stimulite seems to be best suited to his particular frame and weight proportions. (ETA: he is on the thin side)
    I am on the thin side too. 90 lbs to be exact. and roho did the the same to me. so maybe this is the cushion for me. like I said I like my varilite zoid too my niece has one too. she's very thin too. she had a roho and got a pressure sore. maybe this only happens to thin people. since she got her stimulite she hasn't has any pressure sores. do they weight alot? its hard for me to tell with hers because her cushion is 12x12. lol super light.

I am thinking the sport version would be best. with the soft layer on it.

does anyone have pics of their cushions?