Thread: Portable Hair Washing Thing

Portable Hair Washing Thing

I have been searching the forums looking for a piece of equipment someone bought a few months ago. I remember a head-sized basin on wheels that is hooked up to a water source and the whole thing is on wheels. It is designed so that you can wash your hair in your chair.

I knew I should have bookmarked the thread or something and now I can't find it. The poster was going to buy it and report back. I just want to know if it works well or not.

Anyone ever try this?

http://www.activeforever.com/p-2007-...sh-system.aspx

This may be the thread you're searching...

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...=122664&page=2

Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
    — Marianne Williamson

I see that "Charlottes Web" remembered the same thread that I remembered.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=122664

All the best,
    GJ

GJ, I can't take memory credit. The link was listed in "Similar Threads" below Domo's post. I'm rather new here so it was my first time to see it. It looks like it would work well and not be uncomfortable. However, if it's draining into a sink, I might check measurements, i.e. height of sitting person in relation to drain sink. Probably in the specs.

Nice to meet you and Domosoyo!

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I see that "Charlottes Web" remembered the same thread that I remembered.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=122664

All the best,
    GJ
    Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
    — Marianne Williamson

Blog Entries
    It was i who started that thread, and yes, it was the Active Forever thing I had. It was not as great as I'd hoped – using its was a real hassle. It was hard to keep the water contained, and it was ponderous and unwieldy. I find being transferred into the shower and strapped in just easier. If that's not feasible, I would suggest the blowup air basin that you why your head in in the bed, with a bag dispensing water hanging above and to the drinking coming from it. I found that works very well, but I have a trapeze over my bed that holds the dispenser bag easily. The key thing with that is keeping the drainage hose running freely and into a big enough receptacle. If that's not one of KLD's, I will find a link tomorrow.
    ---------------------------
    It is KLD's third one in that thread to to which I was referring. I tried both the first two and neither worked well for me, asked me dry enough.

I have an old shampoo tray I bought maybe 25 years ago that was metal. My dad welded an extension on it so it was long enough to reach the basin. It is invaluable. I wish I could find another to replace it because it is so beat up.

I use it all the time. Stylists are especially happy when I bring it along to salons because it makes hair washing so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Doll View Post
    I have an old shampoo tray I bought maybe 25 years ago that was metal. My dad welded an extension on it so it was long enough to reach the basin. It is invaluable. I wish I could find another to replace it because it is so beat up.

I use it all the time. Stylists are especially happy when I bring it along to salons because it makes hair washing so easy.
    Yeah, I think I found it.
    http://www.abledata.com/abledata.cfm...discontinued=0

Yea, I'm glad you saw this........thanks Random---that's what I wanted to know. Sounds like it doesn't work well. I was hoping it would work so on those in-between days we could do a quick hairwash/blowout.

We already have an in-bed method, tried the shampoo tray device (she didn't like it) and have all kinds of dry shampoos, powders etc. There is nothing like the real thing though when your dealing with a teen with long hair and lots of demands!

She loves Adele and knows every word to every song on both albums. I wonder if she knows how many wigs Adele has? Now that is a quick solution!