Thread: Are Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires safe to use on X-Core wheels?

Are Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires safe to use on X-Core wheels?

Hello, does anyone know if the Schwalbe Marathon Plus Evolution wheelchair tires can be safely used on three spoke X-Core wheels? I'm asking because I noticed that the Marathon Plus tires were listed to operate at 145psi and if I recall X-Core recommends tires used on that wheel be set at a maximum of 100psi.

Any info. on this will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinationUnknown View Post
    Hello, does anyone know if the Schwalbe Marathon Plus Evolution wheelchair tires can be safely used on three spoke X-Core wheels? I'm asking because I noticed that the Marathon Plus tires were listed to operate at 145psi and if I recall X-Core recommends tires used on that wheel be set at a maximum of 100psi.

Any info. on this will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Inflate them just to 100psi, i never have inflate my tires to 145, i inflate mines with 110-120 maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Inflate them just to 100psi, i never have inflate my tires to 145, i inflate mines with 110-120 maximum.
    Thanks.

At first I was under the impression that the Marathon Plus tires had to be run at 145psi, but I just loooked closer on their web site and noticed that they have them listed to work between the range of 85-145 psi.

If 100psi. doesn't seem to be enough, or to my liking, do you think I could safely inflate them to higher pressures?

Thanks.

At first I was under the impression that the Marathon Plus tires had to be run at 145psi, but I just loooked closer on their web site and noticed that they have them listed to work between the range of 85-145 psi.

If 100psi. doesn't seem to be enough, or to my liking, do you think I could safely inflate them to higher pressures?

I don`t know for X-core wheels, if they recommend maximum 100psi probably is for something.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    I imagine the psi warning has to do with risk of the bead breaking the rim over certain pressures.

Thanks guys, I think I'm probably going to need to go with different tires then, as I noticed that on the Q and A section at the Schwalbe web site they mentioned that the optimal air pressure for wear and low rolling resistance for those tires to be between 120 130 psi.

Thanks again.

Thanks guys, I think I'm probably going to need to go with different tires then, as I noticed that on the Q and A section at the Schwalbe web site they mentioned that the optimal air pressure for wear and low rolling resistance for those tires to be between 120 130 psi.

Thanks again.
    Good luck getting them to 120. I have ran 3 sets of the Schwalbe's and they are always at about 100 psi with zero problems.

^^Thanks, but after looking around on here I don't really think the Marathons would be a good fit for me, since I've noticed most say they are kind of heavy and lighter tires would definitely suit me better. The only tires I have used on my X-Cores are 20-599 Primo Racers and I've always kept them at 110psi. and have never had a problem with them, I'm just due for some new tires and was looking for something better/different. I'm still looking, but I may go with some Black Kenda Court tires, or some road bike tires.

I would run speed runs,airbornes, or right runs. I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by randomryan007 View Post
    I would run speed runs,airbornes, or right runs. I hope this helps!
    Thanks for your suggestion, but as of the other day I ordered black Kenda Court tires. I will keep those in mind for my next tires though.