Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: currenet chair and demo chair

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    I'd like to see you sit just a little deeper in your chair; about to where your fingertip is in the middle of the axel.

If you are keeping the same frame angle, yours looks pretty good. Your legs are tucked in and the feet are well supported on the footrest. A solid seatpan will keep the height and cushion constant. With a sling, as we all know, eventually sags and things aren't the same, for me anyway.

If you are thinking solid back, make sure to check the 4" ridgidizer bar. I usually order the solid back separately; then if I don't like it, I have the sling, that came with the chair, to put on.

For frame length, if you want that extra inch before the bend go for it. I like that extra inch myself to help with the transfers but an extra two is too long imo. The extension puts the front wheels out an inch and makes the front end more stable, without sacraficing COG to get that same front end stability. Others like the chair short as can be and take the reg. frame length.

You're sitting really well. If you moved your back angle forward one hole, I think you would sit with your back straighter.

This Tr is going to fit you like a glove. Like Lin said; if it's a matter of a half inch difference, go the the smaller size.

so you think i should go 16 depth and add a inch or 17 and add a inch i know on the 18 inch demo my backs of knees rub

ill be sticking with same front angle
    not ure about the solid back my dme said it will come with both the sling back and solid

ill probly get the 12 to 16 inch hieght back canes and that 4 inch rigidizer
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    I don't know about the other mounts, but the ADI CF back with the fixed elite hardware DOESN'T stick out from backrest, if anything the center is between the backpost sitting a little deeper than fabric.
    how tall of back canes did you order

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    how tall of back canes did you order
    it's gonna depend on the back height. i have a 10" tall back, my back post is 8" tall, make it comfortable for reaching over the back.
    I cut the back cane down after I realized I won't ever be using upholstery again. they were 12"
    Last edited by jschism; 05-11-2012 at 04:35 PM.

ive been looking at cushion sizes

if i order a 17 inch depth chair the cushions dont come in 17 inch lengths

does anyone else have 17 depth if so what kind of cushion do you use i cant find any on the net

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    you can get stimulite in any size, they just charge extra for special cuts, like $50. when considering they have to make a special cover, probably not that bad. I have a 13 x 17 cushion around somewhere.

17x17 rider here. dont have issues getting 17 long cushions. may have to special order depending on the manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    ive been looking at cushion sizes

if i order a 17 inch depth chair the cushions dont come in 17 inch lengths

does anyone else have 17 depth if so what kind of cushion do you use i cant find any on the net
    i got both my stimulites in 17" length.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    Wow, I'm really shocked that the DME wanted to order a length that he already knows is too long! Or is this a result of him assuming the hard back is going to be eating up seat length?

Though it seems extremely common about DME's recommending chairs that are too big.
    that's so true. i could've went 16" but decided on 17" depth. my dme said he thought i needed a 20" depth, lol.

DME's are turds. they all need to spend 4 years ina chair

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    17x17 rider here. dont have issues getting 17 long cushions. may have to special order depending on the manufacturer

do you use a stimulite