Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone Have A Quickie Q7 Need Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by randomryan007 View Post
    . so maybe the Q7 is for not so active users.
    So what is your defintion of "active user" then? I work a 40 hour week job every week, Im out and about all the time using my wheelchair. im in my chair about 14 hours a day. I just got back from a 7 night cruise to the Virgin Islands. Ive hunted out of it, trained my dog out of it and about anything else and have not experienced a problem yet. I would classify myself as a very "active user".

It may break in half tomorrow but I just dont understand these problems you are having. I have not yet experienced any of that.

What exactly is frame stress and caster housing stress? Could you have possibly gotten a "lemon" ? I would be pissed off too.

Quote Originally Posted by ryano View Post
    So what is your defintion of "active user" then? I work a 40 hour week job every week, Im out and about all the time using my wheelchair. im in my chair about 14 hours a day. I just got back from a 7 night cruise to the Virgin Islands. Ive hunted out of it, trained my dog out of it and about anything else and have not experienced a problem yet. I would classify myself as a very "active user".

It may break in half tomorrow but I just dont understand these problems you are having. I have not yet experienced any of that.

What exactly is frame stress and caster housing stress? Could you have possibly gotten a "lemon" ? I would be pissed off too.
    I could have gotten a lemon. I donno. trying to get quickie to make it right is like trying to pull a lions teeth while he's awake. I have just given up. on my chaster housing the metal under the paint is stressing and parts of the frame is stressing. I took it to a buddy of mine and asked him to look at it. and he said yes the metal is stressing. he's a metal fabricator. you might be right I could have just got a lemon. oh well! I have been fighting my DME too long.its just not worth it anymore. it happens this guy I spoke to while waiting at the dme said his frame snapped and broke. he's been waiting 6 months for sunrise to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by randomryan007 View Post
    I could have gotten a lemon. I donno. trying to get quickie to make it right is like trying to pull a lions teeth while he's awake. I have just given up. on my chaster housing the metal under the paint is stressing and parts of the frame is stressing. I took it to a buddy of mine and asked him to look at it. and he said yes the metal is stressing. he's a metal fabricator. you might be right I could have just got a lemon. oh well! I have been fighting my DME too long.its just not worth it anymore. it happens this guy I spoke to while waiting at the dme said his frame snapped and broke. he's been waiting 6 months for sunrise to fix it.
    I sure hate to hear you are having so many problems I remember how excited you were when you were waiting to get your new chair.

I have heard that Quickies "customer service" is atrocious for sure.

Hopefully they make it right for you

good sign of metal stress is "spider webbing" in the paint

my doctor and case manager and OT are pushing for the ICON witch is a thing.
    bob my paint spider webbed. its sad.
    I lost so much weight too so now the seat base don't even fit. my Ot and I both agree I need an ajustable seat base. plus my body is constantly changing so what may work to day may not work a month to six months down the road. sad but true! so we'll see. go to my new seating eval in june. Its been a long road. I hope it ends soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    If you need to get close to objects for transfers you may wish to consider the TiLite AeroZ w flip up footrests. In some cases you can get another inch or 2 closer for transfers and your insurance will probably pay for the Aero Z. The downside of flip up footrests is you can't use a Freewheel.

Thats what I have now and I absolutely hate that kind of footrest. My feet don't stay on them at all they always fall behind the footrests.

You may want to try using a calf strap behind your calves and maybe slightly raise your footrests to plant them more solidly. I used to have a Crossfire w angle adjustable footrests which did a good job on keeping my feet in place. I know next to nothing about Q7 but that the few I have seen had caster wings which stick out and would get in my way.