Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My new sun fusion 16 wheel and right run

I took my Spinergy wire-spoke wheels to a bike shop for truing after only a few weeks of initial use. They were already out of tune. Each spoke should sound a note when tapped lightly with a hard object - if one clunks or rattles, it is loose. If several spokes clunk, the wheel needs tuning.

Don't tune a wheel yourself unless you know how. A good wheel can be ruined with improper tuning.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Install my new Natural-fit, it looks cool.

Attachment 44853

I did not order the thumb guard, felt like notnecessary, and I was right. I hold better without the thumb guard, grip also better.
    Attachment 44854
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

i tried those natural rims at NY and with the thump guards. i liked them, may help me break my habit being a tire/rim pusher

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    i tried those natural rims at NY and with the thump guards. i liked them, may help me break my habit being a tire/rim pusher
    My first natural-fit has thumb guard, and my thumbs ends up with pressing too much on the thumb guard, cause finger joint pain. Without the thumb guard, problem solve.
    Last edited by sowseng; 05-12-2012 at 03:31 AM.

I took the thumb guards off my NFs, too. I much prefer it that way.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    i agree with toto, i have never and any rims that didnt need some type of spoke maintenance after 4 years of daily driving
    I know how to completely build an entire wheel and true it also. I am very meticulous with my chair, it's is exceptionally clean at all times and very well maintained.
    It is not right to have the spokes continously coming loose, like that have with the Fusion's.

Looks great.

I have no problem so far. I only have been using it for nearly 2 years. countless curbs jumped. no issue so far. i do worry i might break the hub. the spoke is available in any bike shop.

yeah.the anodized black spoke does easily peeled off.
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

I had the opposite issue, using NFs without the thumb ring caused thumb pain for me. I originally thought the thumb pain would be increased by using the thumb ring but I haven't experienced it at all, while just a few minutes pushing without the ring starts causing pain in my left thumb. Another example of how different experiences and needs can be!

I like your chair much better with the NFs. I think the aluminum push rim before was a bit out of place color wise, stood out in a bad way imo. Looks much better now! I think my grey tires stand out in a bad way and can't wait till I can afford some right runs. At least as the tires get dirtier they don't stand out as brightly lol.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    I had the opposite issue, using NFs without the thumb ring caused thumb pain for me. I originally thought the thumb pain would be increased by using the thumb ring but I haven't experienced it at all, while just a few minutes pushing without the ring starts causing pain in my left thumb. Another example of how different experiences and needs can be!

I like your chair much better with the NFs. I think the aluminum push rim before was a bit out of place color wise, stood out in a bad way imo. Looks much better now! I think my grey tires stand out in a bad way and can't wait till I can afford some right runs. At least as the tires get dirtier they don't stand out as brightly lol.
    Yup, it look better with NFs, color wise and also design. My right hand need NF, right hand is weak cause by polio, and I can hold bigger handrim easier.

Quote Originally Posted by nia adha View Post
    Looks great.

I have no problem so far. I only have been using it for nearly 2 years. countless curbs jumped. no issue so far. i do worry i might break the hub. the spoke is available in any bike shop.

yeah.the anodized black spoke does easily peeled off.
    The hub ?