Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: studio photos of my Icon

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    I understand the basics of a market economy. I was using a joking tone, I tried to show that by using winking smiley faces.

I did however have that feeling when I tried the Icon, that there wasn't another chair to compete with the technology. I was that impressed and today I paid for mine.
    I know you were joking... it's all good... consider my post as "stating the obvious."

There isn't another chair that competes on the tech level. I saw the manufacturing/engineering side in-person earlier this year. It blew my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    I know you were joking... it's all good... consider my post as "stating the obvious."

There isn't another chair that competes on the tech level. I saw the manufacturing/engineering side in-person earlier this year. It blew my mind.
    Big smile :-)

The wait is tough, you're lucky you've got yours. I agree with you about the engineering/technology. I think my Tilite TR is about the closest I've come to seeing perfection in design and manufacturing. They really got it right. Have it a few years now and I'm still impressed with it everyday.

What's going on with the Icon is so next level though that firstly I don't know how Jeff and Christian have done it and secondly, I don't know why no one has been able to do it before. Besides the feel of the chair, which is why I bought one, I'd like to have Icon parts just to show people. That's how you fabricate a part. I'm just so happy I found Icon and made it to the show to see it in person and meet the Icon folks. GF had a cold and didn't want to make the car trip but I said I wouldn't go without her. She insisted we go so I could see it. She was right.

wait so this is a chair that actually gets used and not a photo shoot/demo model?

that thing is cleannnnn

Haha yes, though lightly until I got these taken. Wiping it down with a wet cloth helped too.

I reshot some product photos for Icon, as there have been a few changes from the one that's currently (5/7/12) on the website (the front wing being the main one). This is my chair.

• seat: 17x17" (laminate version)
    • 10" ADI back (aluminum version)
    • Round Betty Dinos (available through Icon) w/ Q-Grip handrims (not currently available through Icon).

Before you ask... I haven't weighed it yet. Yes, a CF seat & a CF back would make it lighter by 2+ pounds, but I was curious how things would go w/o the high-end options. It's not a problem as-is, though I can see myself upgrading someday (the CF seat is gorgeous). I'll be taking some more non-studio photos to show the chair in an everyday environment. I've got some close-ups of some details w/ that set too, so stay tuned for more.

Feedback is welcome.

and, for sake of discussion, here's one w/ the stock upholstery back.

Thank you Scott! That chair represents a very similar set-up to the one I'll be looking at (namely w/o cf and standard upholstery back) - really great to see a chair as it is likely to look for most customers. It looks gorgeous

Cheers.

So are you gonna buy one?

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    The fixed hardware isn't available w/ the aluminum version, and was removed from the order form for the CF version a couple months ago. I have fixed hardware on an old JetStream Pro that I may toy around with someday, but the 2-point pro hardware got my preference over the quick release version. It does offer different positions than the adjustable back angle does on its own...
    You can get the elite fixed for CF

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    You can get the elite fixed for CF
    I created the order form. I received a request to remove that option. I don't have the reason why.

Cheers.

So are you gonna buy one?
    Yep, that's the plan! Not quite sure how yet but hopefully by the end of the year I'll have the money together (can't wait )

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    I created the order form. I received a request to remove that option. I don't have the reason why.
    You mean from the Icon order form? If so, I can understand why, I thought I had some issues when I got mine. My intial thought was that it was wrong and didn't fit, but after some thought, I realized it was fine and I figured it out. They are a tight fit.
    I got mine through sportaid, colonial medical had additional 10% off on top of the normal 30% off. So I got the 110% price guarentee from sportaid on a 40% deal, couldn't pass that up.
    Last edited by jschism; 05-08-2012 at 03:55 PM. Reason: add