Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: studio photos of my Icon

studio photos of my Icon

I reshot some product photos for Icon, as there have been a few changes from the one that's currently (5/7/12) on the website (the front wing being the main one). This is my chair.

• seat: 17x17" (laminate version)
    • 10" ADI back (aluminum version)
    • Round Betty Dinos (available through Icon) w/ Q-Grip handrims (not currently available through Icon).

Before you ask... I haven't weighed it yet. Yes, a CF seat & a CF back would make it lighter by 2+ pounds, but I was curious how things would go w/o the high-end options. It's not a problem as-is, though I can see myself upgrading someday (the CF seat is gorgeous). I'll be taking some more non-studio photos to show the chair in an everyday environment. I've got some close-ups of some details w/ that set too, so stay tuned for more.

Feedback is welcome.

and, for sake of discussion, here's one w/ the stock upholstery back.

Looks nice. I really like the blacked out dinos. Are you going to do a review on the q-grip handrims? Ive been waiting for some feedback on them. Just wondering, if the icon back is adjustable why didnt you go with the fixed mounting hardware for your adi backrest? or cant you get the fixed hardware with the alum one.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

Yeah, I'll talk about the Q-Grips elsewhere. I haven't had a ton of time with them yet, but they're nice. I used vinyl handrims for years, then went to uncoated, and now I'm back to a coating.

The fixed hardware isn't available w/ the aluminum version, and was removed from the order form for the CF version a couple months ago. I have fixed hardware on an old JetStream Pro that I may toy around with someday, but the 2-point pro hardware got my preference over the quick release version. It does offer different positions than the adjustable back angle does on its own...

Are these picture of the chair with the new wing?

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    Are these picture of the chair with the new wing?
    Nope, not the wide(r) one. I'm eager to see it too.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    Nope, not the wide(r) one. I'm eager to see it too.
    Thanks. I'm really eager to see it since it will be coming along with my new Icon. :-)

We're working directly with Todd at ADI on the mounting hardware.

Part of the struggle is that we have a low volume right now, so doing custom hardware for our fully adjustable back is difficult.

You can all help by only purchasing Icon wheelchairs from now on. I just met with reps from all the other major manufacturers, and they agree that this would be the best course of action for everyone.

Just kidding.

Icon. Buy one.

For. Real.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post
    We're working directly with Todd at ADI on the mounting hardware.

Part of the struggle is that we have a low volume right now, so doing custom hardware for our fully adjustable back is difficult.

You can all help by only purchasing Icon wheelchairs from now on. I just met with reps from all the other major manufacturers, and they agree that this would be the best course of action for everyone.

Just kidding.

Icon. Buy one.

For. Real.
    I've felt that way since I first saw and tried the Icon. What the heck are the other companies still doing making chairs? ;-) I'll buy one Icon and I'll get two friends to buy Icons and they'll get two ... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    What the heck are the other companies still doing making chairs? ;-)
    selling them to people buying them.

shift the demand to Icon & they'll stop making them.

I'll buy one Icon and I'll get two friends to buy Icons and they'll get two ... :-)
    people would get mixed up about a MLM model & then Icon would be labeled a pyramid scheme... not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    selling them to people buying them.

shift the demand to Icon & they'll stop making them.

people would get mixed up about a MLM model & then Icon would be labeled a pyramid scheme... not ideal.
    I understand the basics of a market economy. I was using a joking tone, I tried to show that by using winking smiley faces.

I did however have that feeling when I tried the Icon, that there wasn't another chair to compete with the technology. I was that impressed and today I paid for mine.