Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Implant for spinal cord (Karolinska institute, Sweden)

This clinical trial has started and they have begun to put implants in chronic patients.
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

Center Watch CT LINK

Study LINK for Bioartic SC0806
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 04-28-2016 at 10:16 AM.

c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

for them, chronic ends after 60 months. I wonder why?

Inclusion Criteria:

1. Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury.
    2. Male or female subjects aged between 18 and 65 years.
    3. BMI ≤35 and body weight ≤125 kg at Screening.
    4. Complete SCI (ASIA Impairment Scale level A, no voluntary bladder function, negative motor and sensory evoked potentials).
    5. A single spinal cord lesion injury at the neurologic level between T2-T11.
    6. A Baseline MRI that indicates a pathology consistent with a traumatic SCI
    7. Minimum of 4 months and maximum 60 months post injury with no evidence of neurological improvement prior to implantation surgery unless there is a complete anatomical cut-off of the spinal cord.
    8. Females must not be lactating or pregnant at Screening and Baseline (as documented by pregnancy tests).

What, they were supposed to start this Q42 2012!! Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by quadfather View Post
    for them, chronic ends after 60 months. I wonder why?

Inclusion Criteria:

1. Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury.
    2. Male or female subjects aged between 18 and 65 years.
    3. BMI ≤35 and body weight ≤125 kg at Screening.
    4. Complete SCI (ASIA Impairment Scale level A, no voluntary bladder function, negative motor and sensory evoked potentials).
    5. A single spinal cord lesion injury at the neurologic level between T2-T11.
    6. A Baseline MRI that indicates a pathology consistent with a traumatic SCI
    7. Minimum of 4 months and maximum 60 months post injury with no evidence of neurological improvement prior to implantation surgery unless there is a complete anatomical cut-off of the spinal cord.
    8. Females must not be lactating or pregnant at Screening and Baseline (as documented by pregnancy tests).
    This is just my speculation but possibly because they realize the amount of damage that will be done to the body after five years of complete paralysis! Especially complications that happened at the injury site or below overtime like spinal atrophy, myelomalacia etc

another disappointment
    JustaDollarPlease.org

Booooo!!
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

... Another one bites the dust
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature