Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invacae Torque Sp - dead motor

Invacae Torque Sp - dead motor

My left motor on my Invacare Torque Sp fried this morning. What's worse, Invacare does not make them anymore and they have no replacement part. So, apparently I have to track down a new (which is highly unlikely since nobody stocks them in inventory because of cost) or find used one or find someone who rebuilds them.

Does anyone know of any outfits that rebuild power chair motors?

Oh, and btw, ths is the third set of motors on this chair in less than 7 years!

If your TorqueSP is 7 years old.... then yes they still make and carry motors for your chair.

Post or PM your serial# and I will look up the part # for you.

As far as wearing out motors..... Most "high active" users wear out their motors every three years.

http://store.eurtonelectric.com/prid...ir25200-1.aspx

Maybe for free!! Can't vouch for them. Was going to use them but never did. Average rebuild seems to be from 250. to 300.

main page
    http://store.eurtonelectric.com/inva...umprepair.aspx
    Last edited by DIGGER; 05-05-2012 at 01:06 AM.
    DIGG.

Jakeboy1,

The repair guy was on speaker phone with an Invacare tech who looked up the part and stated it's no longer manufactured and so transferrerd us to the Parts department who looked up the part and stated it's no long manufactured and they do not have a replacement part. If you can locate though that would be great!
    The part number is 1123234.

FYI The first set of motors went out within 6 mos. the second within the following year. I would not call myself a "high active" user. I telecommute so am fairly stationary.

Digger,

Thanks! I will call them in the morning.
    Last edited by NWC4; 05-06-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeyboy1 View Post
    If your TorqueSP is 7 years old.... then yes they still make and carry motors for your chair.

Post or PM your serial# and I will look up the part # for you.

As far as wearing out motors..... Most "high active" users wear out their motors every three years.
    Jake, would you look up the serial number for me? I have an Invacare TDX-SP, it's the right motor that failed.

Here is a link to the Invacare parts catalog http://www.invacare.com/cgi-bin/imhq...newSearch=true

The number shows up as a GB motor. Invacare appears to have it for $860 or so. Eutron will not be able to help you with the GB, but they can rebuild the 4 pole motors. I think Eutron is a good outfit.

I see GB motors for sale on eBay with some regularity. Also people have found them on Craig's List, usually cheap. This requires some patience. With your failure rate it might be worth having a spare or two.
    T4 complete, 150 ft fall, 1966. Completely fused hips, partially fused knees and spine, heterotopic ossification. Unsuccessful DREZ surgery about 1990. Successful bladder augmentation using small intestine about 1992. Normal SCI IC UTI problems culminating in a hospital stay in 2001. No antibiotics or doctor visits for UTI since 2001: d-mannose. Your mileage may vary.

@NWC4
    that part# is discontinued. However, if you will post your chair serial#, I will probably be able to help you with another option.

@grommet
    The only way I can look up your serial #..... is to come over to your house and read it of your frame.... lol (it is on the frame between the back two casters)

Jakeyboy1,

The serial number on my chair is: 05D809077

Do you work for Invacare or are you a dealer?

Thanks!

ok, ran the serial # you have a toque that was upgraded to GB or truetrac motors. your chair is MKIV electronics. Unfortunately, those MKIV motors are discontinued. They still make them in MKV and MK6 You could convert your chair to MK6 electronics..... However, due to the age of your chair, I would recommend a new chair.

Regarding your motor replacement issues..... the MKIV GB motors had some issues. When they went to MKV, everybody got the "heavy duty" motors and there haven't been any problems.

I work for a dealer..

Jakeyboy1,

Thank you for taking the time to look up the info. Yes, these motors have been most disappointing.

I'm starting the process to get a new chair. What do you recommend as far as reliability? I'm a C3/4 and use a mini-joystick.

Thanks!