Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Oswaldo Font and his "electroneuromedular therapy" in Puerto Rico

Dr. Oswaldo Font and his "electroneuromedular therapy" in Puerto Rico

Dear CareCure Community,
    at present a Dr. Oswaldo Font from Puerto Rico is causing a bit of a stir in Latin American countries with his "electroneuromedular therapy". I am a quadruplegic myself and have spent quite some time searching the internet for information. The spanish-speaking internet features various reports, testimonials and film clips of television programs, where Dr. Font explains his therapy and presents success stories.
    I have, however, not been able to find any "objective" opinion on his theories and therapy, nor any reports on the english internet.
    If this guy is for real, then I would have expected to find a bigger international echo, and if this is a scam/fraud, I would have expected somebody warning against going to his clinic in San Juan.
    With people here sitting pretty much at the center of all news concerning SCI, I wonder if anyone here might have some intelligence on this Dr. Font and his practices?
    I happened to be travelling in Peru when a TV station ran an extensive report on him and his therapy and I can say that it caused quite a stir and got a lot of desperate peoples' hopes up (including my wife's).

I would really appreciate any kind of information you can provide me with on this matter.

Many thanks in advance and greetings from Germany

Quote Originally Posted by moosewood View Post
    Dear CareCure Community,
    at present a Dr. Oswaldo Font from Puerto Rico is causing a bit of a stir in Latin American countries with his "electroneuromedular therapy". I am a quadruplegic myself and have spent quite some time searching the internet for information. The spanish-speaking internet features various reports, testimonials and film clips of television programs, where Dr. Font explains his therapy and presents success stories.
    I have, however, not been able to find any "objective" opinion on his theories and therapy, nor any reports on the english internet.
    If this guy is for real, then I would have expected to find a bigger international echo, and if this is a scam/fraud, I would have expected somebody warning against going to his clinic in San Juan.
    With people here sitting pretty much at the center of all news concerning SCI, I wonder if anyone here might have some intelligence on this Dr. Font and his practices?
    I happened to be travelling in Peru when a TV station ran an extensive report on him and his therapy and I can say that it caused quite a stir and got a lot of desperate peoples' hopes up (including my wife's).

I would really appreciate any kind of information you can provide me with on this matter.

Many thanks in advance and greetings from Germany
    Huge scam. It's not anyone's responsability to prove him wrong, but his to prove himself right. And he's failed doing so.

Just another snake oil salesman.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

I am personally acquainted with a lady who was paralyzed from the waist down in a tornado in 2006. She went to Dr. Osvaldo Font in Puerto Rico in July and is now on the road to full recovery. She has feeling in her lower body once again and can tell when her stomach is full when eating. She is walking with braces at this time and is building the muscles that were unused for all those years. I highly recommend any and all injured patients to go to Dr. Font! The treatment is nothing short of a miracle!! Anyone interested please reply and I will get info for you.
    Last edited by listening in; 10-08-2012 at 10:50 PM. Reason: add additional information

Quote Originally Posted by listening in View Post
    I am personally acquainted with a lady who was paralyzed from the waist down in a tornado in 2006. She went to Dr. Osvaldo Font in Puerto Rico in July and is now on the road to full recovery. She has feeling in her lower body once again and can tell when her stomach is full when eating. She is walking with braces at this time and is building the muscles that were unused for all those years. I highly recommend any and all injured patients to go to Dr. Font! The treatment is nothing short of a miracle!!
    Welcome to CareCure Dr. Font. So who has done an independent ASIA exam on this woman to verify your "miracle"?????

(KLD)

I'll ask both my physiatrist and pain management doctors their opinions of Dr. Font when I go to see them in San Juan next week. I can't wait to hear their opinions about this miracle! ~lol~
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Let us see again when this proves fake for us.

I am personally acquainted with a lady who was paralyzed from the waist down in a tornado in 2006. She went to Dr. Osvaldo Font in Puerto Rico in July and is now on the road to full recovery. She has feeling in her lower body once again and can tell when her stomach is full when eating. She is walking with braces at this time and is building the muscles that were unused for all those years. I highly recommend any and all injured patients to go to Dr. Font! The treatment is nothing short of a miracle!! Anyone interested please reply and I will get info for you.
    can u please upload a videoclip from before and after the treatment?

I will see what I can do as far as producing photos. The dear lady will have to give me permission to do something like this. I know for an absolute fact she DOES have feeling and is working on a daily basis to build her muscles so she will be able to walk again. THIS IS NO DOUBT! I may even be able to get her to come on board CareCure and give you her testimony.

Find out for yourselves. There is plenty of opportunity for you to do your own case studies. Thomas Wesa is an athlete who was permanently damaged and Dr Font brought him to a full life. Call him and find out how it is!! He is featured in one of Dr Font's YouTube videos and is one of the few in English. Type in Thomas Wesa and it will take you to the video.

Another person treated by Dr Font is David Sparby of Grygla, MN. Here is the link to his information: http://www.spinalcordinjuryzone.com/...ness-true-grit

There will always be doubting Thomas' in every field. Either you check it out and try it out or you don't. It's that way no matter where you go or what you do. Call it what you want. It works for many just like every other medical situation. Some do, some don't. If I were a para or quad, I couldn't get there fast enough!!

Another person treated by Dr Font is David Sparby of Grygla, MN. Here is the link to his information: http://www.spinalcordinjuryzone.com/...ness-true-grit
    !
    Dave was already an incomplete injury. Thats great if it really did help him. But this is not a cure for paralysis. And ill argue that noone will gain a full recovery from this treatment alone, like you claimed in your first post.

No fake! Personally knowing someone who was without feeling in the lower body since 2007 and now is able to build back to walking is a MIRACLE! Those nerves are alive and working!