Thread: Quickie QU 1 or I rigid manual wheelchair

Quickie QU 1 or I rigid manual wheelchair

I need help finding setup ifo on this chair. serial # 11396.
    thanks, donnie

I have two of them, both still in use. One about 25 years old. The other probably 35.

Don't understand what you are asking. What are you trying to do?
    T4 complete, 150 ft fall, 1966. Completely fused hips, partially fused knees and spine, heterotopic ossification. Unsuccessful DREZ surgery about 1990. Successful bladder augmentation using small intestine about 1992. Normal SCI IC UTI problems culminating in a hospital stay in 2001. No antibiotics or doctor visits for UTI since 2001: d-mannose. Your mileage may vary.

old chair

thanks for responding. i am a c5 quad since april 1 1977 who lives in rural Fl. always been in a power chair because i'm an outdoor person and manual wheel chair they sent me home with after rehab (100# E&J) would not cut it. Got lazy over the years decided to get in a manual chair 2-3 days week.
    i have long since gave away that old E&J to someone that needed a chair to push their grandma around in. about 10 years ago a familly friend passed away who was a t7 (i think) para. her familly gave me all her stuff and told me to use what i could and give away the rest . gave it all away but this chair. it's been sitting in an old open shed for all those years. gonna restore it just to see if i can manuever a manual chair. yes, it's old and heavy by today's standards but it's a feather compared to that old E&J.
    the frame is 15w and 16-18d. back is ajustable so i can physicaly fit. i am male 6' 150#. she was probably 5' 3-4". s so i was just trying to find info on the chair. already bought new tires and uphplstery. my brother is a maintanance man at a food processing company and is rebuilding casters. Fl rain and humidity has rusted a few bolts.
    anyway that's my story. not going to give up my BounderPlus....just want to see if i can still push a chair. donnie

Sunrise stopped stocking parts the Q1 years ago. If you find a source, I will be very interested. You may be able to use some things from a Q2, but maybe not. For example the axle plate mounting hole spacing is different. I am looking to try casters mounts from a Q2, but have not found a Q2 at the right price yet.

Sounds like you are have your act together. Don't know that I can contribute much. Keep us posted on how it comes out. Good luck.
    T4 complete, 150 ft fall, 1966. Completely fused hips, partially fused knees and spine, heterotopic ossification. Unsuccessful DREZ surgery about 1990. Successful bladder augmentation using small intestine about 1992. Normal SCI IC UTI problems culminating in a hospital stay in 2001. No antibiotics or doctor visits for UTI since 2001: d-mannose. Your mileage may vary.