Thread: South Africa-If you are so Inspired...

South Africa-If you are so Inspired...

Here is my review of my trip to South Africa. We took a scenic driving tour,visiting many cities along the way. I hope it gives some fresh ideas to those who are considering this beautiful country. Enjoy!

"Our Journey from Florida to Cape Town started In Johannesburg. Due to an extremely long flight with a required de-boarding and refueling in Dakar, I needed to stretch out and lie down and take a hot bath! The perfect place to do this ended up being the Hotel Inter-Continental Hotel, located right within the Joburg Airport. All we had to do was collect our bags and walk across the airport road to this elegant, modern and upscale hotel for a much needed recharge. A wonderful dinner in the hip dining room, and a beautiful accessible room made this a great start to my introduction to SA!"

Read more here:

http://travability.travel/africa/South_Africa_Deb.html
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

The whole article is awesome but I especially like how you always take pictures of how accessible the bathrooms are. It really helps (at least me) a lot in deciding on where to travel. Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    The whole article is awesome but I especially like how you always take pictures of how accessible the bathrooms are. It really helps (at least me) a lot in deciding on where to travel. Nice job.
    Thank you! ) I appreciate that..I have more pics in the gallery at end of article..it is hard to put camera DOWN in that country! )
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

A brilliant example of "how to" write a travelogue for wheelers!

On top of which I'm glad you had such a wonderful time, nobody I know who's lived or holidayed in SA has been disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru View Post
    A brilliant example of "how to" write a travelogue for wheelers!

On top of which I'm glad you had such a wonderful time, nobody I know who's lived or holidayed in SA has been disappointed.
    Thank you I just found this guy's write up on his South Africa trip..and wanted to share as well..as it is amazing! He is a c-5 and has traveled the WORLD...http://www.genosplace.org/SA/CapeTown/CapeTown.html

Really impressed...and he has some great images as well.

Thank you so much for the review, you detailed everything so well. SA is on my bucket list. What time of the year did you travel? Our winter is their summer, right?
    Incomplete T-12/L-1

Hi. Glad you plan on going. Yea this trip was taken in November )