Thread: Legal Cannabidiol Products Coming Before August!!

Wink Legal Cannabidiol Products Coming Before August!!

Medical Marijuana Inc’s Dixie Elixir and Edibles Brand to Launch First non-THC Based Line of Health and Wellness Products
    Colorado’s Leading Manufacturer of Edible Medical Marijuana Products Expands Patient Footprint with Federally Legal Hemp Extract (Cannabidiol) Products to Address Pain Relief, Mental Focus and Sleep Regularity

DENVER, CO -- MAY 2, 2012 -- Dixie Elixirs and Edibles, Colorado’s premier Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC-infused products company, today announced a new line of products which will break entirely new ground for the company in the category of non THC-infused product development. Following closely on the heels of its’ acquisition by cannabis and hemp industry innovators, Medical Marijuana, Inc. (OTC: MJNA), today’s announcement consists of three new hemp-based Cannabidiol (CBD) products that contain no THC:

DixieDewDrops: a sublingual glycerin-based tincture designed for pain reliefDixieBotanicals: a topical pain relief salve and massage oilDixieScrips: a pharmaceutical grade CBD capsule in two varieties; one for daytime focus/mental energy and the other a night time sleep aid.The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) currently considers hemp based cannabinoids, including CBD, to be “food based” and therefore legal without a medical marijuana license. Amongst the many potential uses for CBD-based products that are currently under evaluation, CBD’s have been shown to relieve convulsion, inflammation, anxiety, and nausea. Based on medical potential and the federally legal status of hemp-based CBD products, Dixie and Medical Marijuana, Inc., estimate the market in the U. S. to be well over $5 billion. These three new products are the first of many that the companies intend to bring to the market in the coming year.

Dixie will initially offer the new products exclusively to their existing customer base which consists of over 400 dispensaries in the state of Colorado. This consumer base represents in excess of 70 percent of the addressable medical marijuana market inColoradoand over nine percent of theU. S.medical cannabis market. Within 90 days the Company intends to launch a mail order campaign and online e-commerce platform that will allow individuals throughout the U. S. to purchase these products since they contain no THC. TheU. S.availability will be followed closely by distribution in international markets includingEuropevia several key product distribution relationships that are currently under negotiation.

“From the day that we created our first medicated elixirs, we have known that as an industry we have only just begun to tap the very deep health and healing properties of cannabis,” said Tripp Keber, President and CEO of Dixie Elixirs and Red Dice Holdings, LLC. “These three new products open up a world of potential for Dixieand Medical Marijuana, Inc. to bring healthy alternatives to millions of patients who might otherwise never experience the tremendous benefits of cannabinoids. This is truly an exciting development for Dixie and we look forward to bringing Dixie Scrips, Dixie DewDrops, and Dixie Botanicals to patients around the country and around the world who are looking for a healthful alternative to mass-produced, man-made pharmaceutical products.”

I'm very excited about this because cannabidiol is relieving spasticity/spasms of people with CNS disorders (Sativex) and these products will be available by August, probably earlier. We evolved with an endocannabinoid regulatory system and have lots of cannabinoid receptors on our spinal cords, brains and elsewhere. This is a natural solution I feel confident will help my moderate spasticity...

Jan

WOW! I sincerely hope this works... hate we have to wait until August! I want it NOW!!!
    Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
    — Marianne Williamson

georgia will never pass anything like this.

Great, if the gov't or medical industry can't regulate it; they outlaw it as a class 1 drug. But since they can make a synthetic one and make some big bucks, it's okay.

I'd rather have the natural brand that God made rather than a synthetic,processed and overpriced drug made by a manufactuer who is only concerned about the bottom dollar.

The taking out of any thc sounds exactually what the drug dealers do when they "wash" their pot before selling it. Gues they are the same; drug dealers where the bottom line is the money.

I don't understand why this post was moved. Cannabidiol will do as much or more than 4-ap and naturally, but whatever. Georgia and everywhere in US should be able to buy these products online. FDA considers them like food or hemp products. Just thought you'd be interested in this. Much research worldwide on cannabidiol shows it's a potent CURE for may health disorders. Like I said our spinal cords have receptor sites for CBDs and that isn't just for our care...

Jan

Very interesting. Until now Marinol has been the only choice and I wanted to give it a go a little while back to me: but my insurance denied it. I'm imagining that this will probably be a similar situation with these pharmaceuticals.

I'm hoping that Massachusetts will legalize this year–but who knows?

Hawkeye–can you buy cannabinoids online right now? It seems crazy that Salvia is legal yet benign possibly helpful cannabinoids are still illegal.

Check out the silkroad. At your own risk. Here's a link to learn how.
    http://youtu.be/SFenRWPw0mo
    It is a way to access meds that you are unable to access through other means.

My opinion is that marijuana should be legalized as well as regulated nationwide. I am quite familiar with Colorado's Medical Marijuana dispensaries. The state of Colorado is working out the day to day issues currently. The state is a testing ground for what works and what doesn't work about the regulation and dispensing of marijuana. Many states are watching as Colorado works out the problems.

As a provider, I attended a very thoughtful talk on marijuana by a pharmacist. The discussion was very good amongst providers. The take home messages were these: 1) Many, but not all, people who demand it are doing so for their individual civil-rights not necessarily for medical purposes; 2) It is a natural substance, but it is a drug, just like all drugs started out as originally - opium, morphine, for example. 3) Marijuana comes in many forms to be inhaled and eaten; regulation of that from individual dispensers is a bit of a crap shoot as a consumer; 4) Just like other pain and anxiety reducing medications, it can become addictive. If someone is using it primarily to reduce social anxiety then that is a warning sign of addiction; 5) Very few of the substance abuse counselors see people for marijuana addiction. If people smoke it prior to surgery they have to stop and be given marinol (FDA approval oral form of marijuana) to reduce withdrawal symptoms; 6) Finally, this pharamacist did an extensive literature review on studies on the pros and cons and side effects of marijuana and the jury is out. Many of the studies are not legit. More research needs to be completed.

This the DEA website for marijuana http://www.justice.gov/dea/ongoing/marinol.html

If marijuana is legalized then consumers can benefit from consistency of product. I am first and foremost an advocate for my patients. I know that it helps chronically ill people. I try to educate my patients on the pros and cons and side effects of prescription and natural medications. I know that all things in moderation is probably the best advice I can give anyone when they choose to use a product that I cannot prescribe.

pbr
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 05-06-2012 at 01:22 PM. Reason: to put my initials at the end

I tried marinol early on, before graves disease robbed me of most of my "walking". It made me too high to function, gave me the old mj paranoia, but it worked wonders on neuropathic burning, esp. in my feet. I badly want to try diferent strains of medical mj to see if one would reduce my pain. I also badly want to avoid legal problems! Colorado would be great if not for snow. I can deal w/ some but I like it to melt quickly.

I had pain-free fun w/ marinol once, in a safe space. The other 9 pills had me huddled panicked under the covers. But I didn't hurt! Those were the first of my panic attacks though, and they are nearly debilitating now. It makes no sense, I think the worst that can happen to me aready did, in just a few years. But I used to be fearless. Now I have nothing to lose but have turned into a wussy scaredy-cat I barely recognize.

Non-narcotic, legal pain relief, w/ the added benefit of increasing appetite. I might move anywhere for that, if I found a strain that didn't give me anxiety. KS and OK treat pot like a serious offense, I want out of the center of the nation.
    I think pot withdrawals are mental. It's just not a physicaly addictive substance. People get to rely on it to relieve stress etc, but nobody gets physical withdrawals when they cut out the mj. I came of age in the 70's-I know this to be true.

My other requirement is that it not be imported from cartel countries. I don't want drug blood on my hands. CO has def got it going the right direction imo.
    Last edited by betheny; 05-06-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    I tried marinol early on, before graves disease robbed me of most of my "walking". It made me too high to function, gave me the old mj paranoia, but it worked wonders on neuropathic burning, esp. in my feet. I badly want to try diferent strains of medical mj to see if one would reduce my pain. I also badly want to avoid legal problems! Colorado would be great if not for snow. I can deal w/ some but I like it to melt quickly.

I had pain-free fun w/ marinol once, in a safe space. The other 9 pills had me huddled panicked under the covers. But I didn't hurt! Those were the first of my panic attacks though, and they are nearly debilitating now. It makes no sense, I think the worst that can happen to me aready did, in just a few years. But I used to be fearless. Now I have nothing to lose but have turned into a wussy scaredy-cat I barely recognize.

Non-narcotic, legal pain relief, w/ the added benefit of increasing appetite. I might move anywhere for that, if I found a strain that didn't give me anxiety. KS and OK treat pot like a serious offense, I want out of the center of the nation.
    I think pot withdrawals are mental. It's just not a physicaly addictive substance. People get to rely on it to relieve stress etc, but nobody gets physical withdrawals when they cut out the mj. I came of age in the 70's-I know this to be true.

My other requirement is that it not be imported from cartel countries. I don't want drug blood on my hands. CO has def got it going the right direction imo.
    Try looking at Oregon or Washington State if you want to get out of the middle states. Buy that RV you were thinking about and hit the road for a while and go about scouting. We are very liberal here and you can grow your own or buy through legal means.

As for snow, we have about a week of it and then it is gone. It does rain a lot in the winter, but it is better than snow. Doesn't often get below mid 30's in winter either. We have no tornadoes or hurricanes. Huge earthquakes about every 500 years.

Colorado and oregon are just about the same (liberal) but I prefer Oregon for the lack of snow.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess