Ok so I know I should know the answer to this question but the truth is I don't. Are Central pain and Neuropathic pain one in the same or are they different or just related?? If so how is one treated vs the other? I always thought that the burning...I want to rip my skin off pain was considered neuro. pain but I have heard others call it central pain. Also is it usual to have numbness along with the burning pain? I assume that it is but even though it's been almost a year I am still learning.