Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sirloin Dinner

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Yes I definitely need some practice with rice too. I should take some classes. One of those things I mean to do but something always comes up ..
    Let's take a trip to Asia and learn the right way!!!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

We love stir fry and have it often, in a variety of ways. The trick for stir fry is to have all ingredients prepared, and lined up ready to go into the wok quickly. If you are using chicken or beef, that gets cooked first. If you are using shrimp, that goes in after the veggies. Sometimes I want hot and spicy meat, and sweet and sour veggies. This is an old family favorite:

Marinate about 1 1/2 cups of cubed raw chicken in 1 TBS conrstarch, 2 TBS water, 1 TBS soy sauce for a few minutes. Stir fry in hot wok with a little oil until it turns white.

Add about a tsp of ginger, 1 clove chopped garlic, and 1 tsp red pepper flakes. (Use more if you like, as I do.) Push the chicken to the side to create a puddle of oil in the wok. Toss about briefly in the oil, and then mix in the chicken.

Add mixture of 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp cornstarch, 2 TBS soy sauce, 1 TBS water, 1 tsp white vinegar, (rice vinegar if you have it is better) and 1 tsp sesame or corn oil. Allow to simmer a few minutes for the cornstach to thicken. Add water or chicken broth if is too thick. The whole cooking process will take about 8 minutes.

Sweet and sour veggies:
    I cook this first, even earlier in the day, to save time at dinner prep. The sweet and sour sauce is something I do by eye and taste. I'll attempt to tell you what I do. Combine equal portions of white vinegar and brown sugar, (about 1/4 cup each), a generous pour of soy sauce, (maybe 2 TBS) a large TBS of cornstarch, and about 1 1/2 cup water. Heat to thicken, stirring constantly, and adjust the taste.
    Stir fry whatever veggies you like, and add to the warm sauce just before serving.

Serve with rice or rice noodles. Enjoy!