Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sirloin Dinner

Sirloin Dinner

Oh man, I haven't had a sirloin in a coons age. Saw these beauties for $9 for all three, all minimum of 1lb each.

Started of with some roots, one sweet and two white. Indirect for an hour or so, or roughly 5 beers give or take one or two.

Added some fungi that I marinated in Ken's Northern Italian dressing.

Time for a quick sear of the hearts of Romaine that had been lightly dirzzled with Ken's Northern Italian dressing.

Time for the star of the show.......Sir. Loin! LOL

Dinner is ready!!

Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Looks too good! True story Larry, Ken lived across the street from my uncle in Framingham Mass. and his original restaurant was just down the street. Later on as his notoriety took off, cooks and staff used to live at the house. No, they never ate there, nor did we. Kinda sucks buying his dressings now, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhavel View Post
    Looks too good! True story Larry, Ken lived across the street from my uncle in Framingham Mass. and his original restaurant was just down the street. Later on as his notoriety took off, cooks and staff used to live at the house. No, they never ate there, nor did we. Kinda sucks buying his dressings now, oh well.
    Why didn't anyone eat there......
    Larry
    ------

I don't know, I always wanted too, I think I now know what I was missing. My uncle is cheap, it was probably too expensive.

According to Gordon Ramsey (which reminds me - where the hell is RehabRhino these days!?) ... Grilling romaine is a big no-no.

But what does it taste like? Does it become wilted?

Those sirloins are done exactly how I like'em. Rare and flavourful. Looks very good ... But I hope you keep your arteries clean! Now I think I'll be cooking myself a steak on the weekend - if I can afford it! Still recovering financially from medical travelling for the past 3 years!

Do you ever cook a stir-fry with vermicelli or angel-hair? That's what I'd cook with the meat ... With bok-choy, mushrooms, celery, carrot, green pepper, broccoli, white onion, maybe snow-peas and lots of bean sprouts.

Water chestnuts are canned at my store so I avoid.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    According to Gordon Ramsey (which reminds me - where the hell is RehabRhino these days!?) ... Grilling romaine is a big no-no.

But what does it taste like? Does it become wilted?

Those sirloins are done exactly how I like'em. Rare and flavourful. Looks very good ... But I hope you keep your arteries clean! Now I think I'll be cooking myself a steak on the weekend - if I can afford it! Still recovering financially from medical travelling for the past 3 years!

Do you ever cook a stir-fry with vermicelli or angel-hair? That's what I'd cook with the meat ... With bok-choy, mushrooms, celery, carrot, green pepper, broccoli, white onion, maybe snow-peas and lots of bean sprouts.

Water chestnuts are canned at my store so I avoid.
    That Bloody Donkey, Ramsey!! LOL

You have to cook it extremely hot and fast. It still has a crunch to it, minimally wilted. Picture drizzling hot bacon dressing over a salad, that's about as wilted as it gets if you will.....

BOK CHOY it FANTASTIC grilled as well, funny you mentioned it.

I absolutely love to stir fry, but it is my achilies heel, I simply cannot cook it well. I love to do it, but it's never good, okay at best.

I have made stir fry's with spaghetti and Angel hair, never tried the vermicelli but now will! I would like to try with some of the thin rice noodles sometime too. You have any good recipes you could help me out with??
    Larry
    ------

Kinda why I asked you ... lol. I can never get the veggies to stay crisp enough while the meat is cooked through enough and the noodles (I like'em a bit crisp).

Hard to time it all right AND get a wonderful sauce.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Kinda why I asked you ... lol. I can never get the veggies to stay crisp enough while the meat is cooked through enough and the noodles (I like'em a bit crisp).

Hard to time it all right AND get a wonderful sauce.
    I love crip veggies too! The key with stir fry I 'think' is extemely high heat and a GOOD Wok. I've had some success with getting things done together by removing the meat while the vegetables cook, when they're almost done throw the meat back in to warm up. But again, my stir fry is at the very best way below good! LOL MY fried rice is even worse!!
    Larry
    ------

Yes I definitely need some practice with rice too. I should take some classes. One of those things I mean to do but something always comes up ..

That really looks delicious! I miss barbecuing a lot, although I was never as adept as you. I could not figure out how to grill with charcoal in a way that felt safe to me. My eyes are too close to grill level, and I felt there was a risk of being burned without knowing from stray charcoal. I tried gas grills but the ones I could afford give bad results, and most of the grills were not even operable by someone in a chair.
    Last edited by xsfxsf; 05-05-2012 at 10:02 AM.