Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Icon Wheelchairs - NY Metro Abilities Show

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    No I am a little girly man. Cause, you know how flat san francisco is
    If an Icon can level the streets of San Francisco then they're really onto something. I think maybe you should just scale back on the ciggies, especially while you're pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    A 4 city block commute ain't a hill o' beans. I thought you were a man.
    Will there be a display of machismo on your part, with a trek out to the "NY Metro" Abilities Expo?

I'll swim to NY - That's a totally epic display of machismo

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post
    Will there be a display of machismo on your part, with a trek out to the "NY Metro" Abilities Expo?
    Alas, no. Too much going on here this weekend. Wife's birthday today and friends from out of town the next two days.

Looking forward to reading the field reports from the CC crew.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    If an Icon can level the streets of San Francisco then they're really onto something. I think maybe you should just scale back on the ciggies, especially while you're pushing.
    The icon does do a good job with the rough surfaces on the sidewalks, unfortunately neither my TiLite or an Icon will help getting from the ferry building to union square. And any time you want to see who can do it faster, come on out girly man.

enjoy your weekend Stephen, was looking forward to meeting stephen212. maybe next year, OR better yet, maybe someday soon u cant show me 'round NYC......
    to the rest who will be there, i wont be hard to miss....... Bobmach, sorting distinguishing silver hair & rollin a Blue Marvel. Make sure you stop me & say howdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Exumer View Post
    Any plans on coming to DC?
    I live roughly 2hrs from DC (Harrisonburg, VA) & have an Icon. We can figure out a time to connect if you want to check it out.

shoot me an email if you're interested: scott@iconwheelchairs.com

Been in the icon for a few days now. Damn the shock is like night and day. I never had been in one with a shock, except for a marvel for like 5 min. It absorbs everything. I am waiting on a cushion that fits the chair cause mines is a bit too wide. The brakes are a little tricky. I've hit my fingers a bunch of times when unlocking. I wish it had arm rests as I am used to them and use them to get dressed. Also the side gaurds are a lil too long for my preference. they come out further than the tires so the transfers are a bitch right now. But all in all the chair is good. Just gotta work on those issues on mine and it will be all good...

Arod,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear about the shock, I'm hoping for the same experience. I'm planning to make it really soft and if I want, harden it up later. But at first I just want to lose all the jolts. Not sure I understand what's happening with your brakes, do you have the scissor wheel locks? On my Tilite if I don't have them adjusted right they get loose and ride out a little and yeah, I can jam my fingers and it hurts like hell. I became a fanatic with checking them, pushing them back in and flush again. I check them so often I don't even notice doing it anymore.

I liked the sideguards when I tried them. Haven't lived with them yet so I don't know. I have been concerned about the sharp edges. Jeff says they are putting some trim on them now. Does yours have the trim? I hope you figure something out with transferring. I don't know if yet if that's going to be a problem for me, I'm a walker but I do push off the chair every time I transfer. I'll see.

Please keep updating and enjoy the ride. :-)