Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would You Allow It?

Would You Allow It?

We have a 5 bedroom home and figured that while I'm in college and not ready to start a family (husband graduated last year) we would rent out the two bedrooms in the basement. We have always had guy roommates, usually his frat brothers) but one of them is leaving. He has found a replacement, but it just happens to be one of the girls that hit on him constantly before we were married. I trust my husband, but not sure about her. It would bring in $400 a month plus split utilities... but is it worth it?

Nope!
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Hell No!

Not good.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

I wouldn't.

Absolutely not.

Don't do it. You already have enough stress in your life.

I have a 4 bedroom house and I only rent to guys. Too much drama with woman and all that hair wrapped in the vacuum.

There's no upside for you or your marriage.

I don't want to seem like I don't trust him though. He has never blinked an eye at her even with all the flirting. I don't know if it was just a phase for her or if shes just sleezy. I'm not working obviously right now and I feel bad denying him help with bills when he is supporting us both.

There are more than enough tests in every marriage. You don't have to add any.