Thread: Is there a way to do a POLL for what pain meds work for each other?

Is there a way to do a POLL for what pain meds work for each other?

I think it would be helpful to have some type of poll of, meds that work well, for the burning neuropathic pain that seems to plague most of us here. This may be somewhat complicated, I know, because of the different combos of meds ect. Im not quite sure how we could do it, maybe someone else has a good idea of how one could be done. Also, I think it needs to be more of s sticky thread than A poll that just goes away in a month. Just an idea.
    Has it been five years yet? ..........

The trouble is that everyone seems to respond to each med and combo in a complete different way.
    I can't find a rhyme or reason that brings the pain out more severe than other.

True, I can Understand that. Honestly I would just like to see how many others get great relief from simple opiates. So many Drs, and in turn the media, seem to be against them nowadays.

Not sure a poll would suffice, perhaps someone could construct a survey? I think that'd better relay all of the factors that go into how someone treats pain.

Also, we're in the same neck of the woods.

It seems to me that it's not one med. it is a combo of a series of meds and not one med combo works best for the same two people but it would certainly be helpful to let our MD's know what has worked for others so your not re-inventing the wheel every time. It always seems like an gamble......"here take these and we will talk in a month to see if they work" It's crazy!!
    ACDF C5/C6, C6/C7 9/2011& Central Cord Syndrome

Yea, I think it would mostly be helpful for newly injured people here AND for our MD's. More and more, When I will see a new Dr. I will have my smartphone opened to CareCure while talking with them. Its sad but sooooo many Drs have very little training with SCI people. It helps that this in an .edu site started by one of the best neurologists. So they are more inclined to listen to what the Drs/Nurses/Injured people have to say.