Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will Medicare/Medicaid Pay For A TiLite Chair?

I went from a Q2 to a TiLite AeroZ. They're worlds apart in performance and construction quality.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I love my AeroZ (but weight is not an issue for me). My AeroZ fully assembled with standard (aluminum) accessories weighs about 37#.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    I went from a Q2 to a TiLite AeroZ. They're worlds apart in performance and construction quality.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I love my AeroZ (but weight is not an issue for me). My AeroZ fully assembled with standard (aluminum) accessories weighs about 37#.
    I'm sure anything would be better than the Quickie 2. It is horrible in so many ways. Weight is an issue for me I need it to be as light as possible. I'm really considering Ebay and then just paying for the extras I may want, but I don't know...I'm lost

Quickie 2's are pretty horrid
    I had one it was hard on my left shoulder
    Eventually My DME hooked me up with a decent Quickie Gti Custom for me but main thing is that the GTi is much lighter than the old dinosaur .
    They have this Hidden code of Keeping things Cheap yet impractical like lousy rims so Be fussy make sure you specify what you want or else most DME's will skimp on certain items like mine did I think they pocketed the over priced chair and rims Really I did my homework and found out that literally they overpriced the chair so who got the kickbacks $ ??? left me wondering
    Wrong cushion
    I finally got the proper one it was like a Jeopardy Game just Stupid...
    Sadly they lied to me about the stupid Rims which suck imop.
    I need a set of 25 synergy tires , rims but to my DME is is like a big deal so I am going to save up my $ and just order my own rims ...I am looking ....

They skimp , pocket Bucks $$$ and lie to public .
    Even claim it is all these Friggin cutbacks I think it is just lack of Brains / Greed

The PT that took my measurments and specs she was a bonehead lied to me

Karma will do i's thing
    She lost her job and I am glad she moved far away ... What a Witch

My point is Be Fussy
    It is important that you feel comfortable as after all we are the ones in the chairs
    Have your Dr make it medically necessary to have your chair specific to you and not just a every ordinary style ol EJ chair ..
    I wish you the best

You deserve it

Sincerely ;
    GL

Some users love their Q7s. If both weight and money/insurance are issues, power assist is definitely not in your future (Q7 is incompatible), you're gentle with your chairs, and you understand the caster-wing issue, the Q7 may be a great choice for you

Regarding weight: most of my AeroZ's extra weight is the accessories and stock wheel set. Without the many accessories (antitips, sideguards, solid seat pan, 6" casters, hub locks, and leather backpack) my AeroZ would weigh about 23# (with stock wheels but without cushion).

So my AeroZ is about 5.5# heavier than a comparably configured Q7 (screen shot of Q7 order form):
    Attachment 44837
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by GL View Post
    Quickie 2's are pretty horrid
    I had one it was hard on my left shoulder
    Eventually My DME hooked me up with a decent Quickie Gti Custom for me but main thing is that the GTi is much lighter than the old dinosaur .
    They have this Hidden code of Keeping things Cheap yet impractical like lousy rims so Be fussy make sure you specify what you want or else most DME's will skimp on certain items like mine did I think they pocketed the over priced chair and rims Really I did my homework and found out that literally they overpriced the chair so who got the kickbacks $ ??? left me wondering
    Wrong cushion
    I finally got the proper one it was like a Jeopardy Game just Stupid...
    Sadly they lied to me about the stupid Rims which suck imop.
    I need a set of 25 synergy tires , rims but to my DME is is like a big deal so I am going to save up my $ and just order my own rims ...I am looking ....

They skimp , pocket Bucks $$$ and lie to public .
    Even claim it is all these Friggin cutbacks I think it is just lack of Brains / Greed

The PT that took my measurments and specs she was a bonehead lied to me

Karma will do i's thing
    She lost her job and I am glad she moved far away ... What a Witch

My point is Be Fussy
    It is important that you feel comfortable as after all we are the ones in the chairs
    Have your Dr make it medically necessary to have your chair specific to you and not just a every ordinary style ol EJ chair ..
    I wish you the best

You deserve it

Sincerely ;
    GL

Horrid is a perfect word to describe this chair. It's so bad that I spend a lot of time in bed because I just can't stand to be in that chair. I tried to go out with a friend last Saturday and I had to get help from strangers so many times because I just cannot maneuver correctly in this chair. A good DME will definitely be the difference between getting good upgrades and getting the very basics. They prey on those who know nothing about the different options available to them. When I first got the Quickie which was 5 years ago I didn't know anything about wheelchairs. I didn't know there was folding vs rigid etc. But now I know I definitely want a light chair, spinergy wheels, marathon tires, frog legs, fold down push handles, and a new cushion because I hate my Roho and I don't want any type of cushion that requires you put air in it. I really want a ZRA that is what I have my heart set on but of course Medicare won't pay for that. So I will just have to wait and save until I get enough to get what I really want. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Some users love their Q7s. If both weight and money/insurance are issues, power assist is definitely not in your future (Q7 is incompatible), you're gentle with your chairs, and you understand the caster-wing issue, the Q7 may be a great choice for you

Regarding weight: most of my AeroZ's extra weight is the accessories and stock wheel set. Without the many accessories (antitips, sideguards, solid seat pan, 6" casters, hub locks, and leather backpack) my AeroZ would weigh about 23# (with stock wheels but without cushion).

So my AeroZ is about 5.5# heavier than a comparably configured Q7 (screen shot of Q7 order form):
    Attachment 44837
    I definitely need some type of side guard. When using my Quickie 2 one day I didn't have one of the arm rests on and I didn't notice my thigh was rubbing against the wheel until it was too late and I had a long tire burn on my thigh. But I don't want anything thats bulky I want something very thin and barely there if that makes sense. I have anti tips now which I never use because you can't really get around with them on. But I will look more into the Aero Z.

I wish there was something more I could do for all of us

They blame it on Cutbacks , Cutbacks in Medicare / Medicaid , They are sucking the blood out of us .... I love people I am a people person and I see people for who they really are these Buttheads who are screwing with our Medical system all need Frontal lobotomy's . They think I was born yesterday ... I have compassion for People in need there is no need for cutbacks in our medical system .. Absolutely None .... They should cutback on Fancy limo's and Vacations , Raises and luxious lavish houses that We the People paid For ... They are Leaches ... Unhearty Leeaches
    Trust me They arent the ones who have to be in the chairs

If they lived one year in our bodies they would maybe understand

That is if they have Brains lol

I get upset when I see people suffer

Quote Originally Posted by GL View Post
    I wish there was something more I could do for all of us

They blame it on Cutbacks , Cutbacks in Medicare / Medicaid , They are sucking the blood out of us .... I love people I am a people person and I see people for who they really are these Buttheads who are screwing with our Medical system all need Frontal lobotomy's . They think I was born yesterday ... I have compassion for People in need there is no need for cutbacks in our medical system .. Absolutely None .... They should cutback on Fancy limo's and Vacations , Raises and luxious lavish houses that We the People paid For ... They are Leaches ... Unhearty Leeaches
    Trust me They arent the ones who have to be in the chairs

If they lived one year in our bodies they would maybe understand

That is if they have Brains lol

I get upset when I see people suffer
    What makes me mad is how these people think they know what we need better than we do. Like you said if they had to spend time in a wheelchair their way of thinking might be different but then again probably not. These DME's don't care about us only how much is going in their pockets and the more the better.

Do you have a good local wheelchair vendor? A quality wheelchair vendor will help you navigate the Medicare approval process.