Thread: Nurse or Dr Wise Young

Nurse or Dr Wise Young

I found this site from a friend and have a question about stem cell centers.
    My daughter has StarGardts disease and we have been looking at centers in China, Peru and elsewhere. Specifically, we have been looking at RegenMed Center in Peru that has said that they can treat my daughter and wanted to ask what has been heard about the legitimacy of effectiveness of this center.
    The doctor is a Dr Feiderman who has the center in Peru, Hawaii and Miami.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by asiscoe View Post
    My daughter has StarGardts disease and we have been looking at centers in China, Peru and elsewhere. Specifically, we have been looking at RegenMed Center in Peru that has said that they can treat my daughter and wanted to ask what has been heard about the legitimacy of effectiveness of this center.
    Theres a small boitech company called Advanced Cell Technology Inc., you should look into.

heres a link for aCNN and CBS story on the procedure, even though they talk about dry amd they injected the same type of rpe cells into stargardts patients. the stargardts patients showed even better results. both trials are in phase 1 but even with the lowest dosage (50k cells) there was proof of efficacy.

http://www.cbs.com/thunder/player/tv...7I4jFcPpae1imq

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/hea...eakthrough.cnn
    Last edited by ineedmyelin; 04-27-2012 at 02:02 AM.
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Quote Originally Posted by asiscoe View Post
    Hi. I am not an expert on retinal diseases. I do know that UCSF is working hard on use of stem cells to treat retinal degenerative diseases. In my opinion, they have the best retinal regeneration research in the world there. I just looked at their web site and came up with the name of one of their professors: http://www.ucsfhealth.org/jacque.duncan

To my knowledge, there is no stem cell therapy that can restore vision right now to Stargardts disease. I would be skeptical about going overseas for any therapy.

Wise.