Thread: Gloves that keep quad hands open during the day??

Gloves that keep quad hands open during the day??

Is there anything like that?
    I have good quad hands and can pick a coin off the floor using my wrist, the problem is that i'm always pushing the back of my hand on something to move my wrist forward to open my hand up. I've tried splits and exercises but it seems to be mostly spasms causing it and when it's cold they are a pain specially when shaking hands with somebody and your hand is closed up.

I was just thinking of gloves that put a small amount of tension like a spring or elastic on the back of the fingers to act like a second set of tendons that pull my hands into a position halfway between straight and curled when i am relaxed. However it needs to have enough give so i can bend my fingers when i need to pick something up in everyday situations. Am i asking for too much? or is there something out there like this?
    'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" - Anais Nin

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    I have found nothing to help quad hands in 10 years. Once I found some info on a glove that would open and close our fingers. I think it was designed in Canada but have not located anything since.

I have wrote to many companies about a glove to no avail. They can make all types of robotics but nothing that would make such a tremendous difference in our lives.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    I have found nothing to help quad hands in 10 years. Once I found some info on a glove that would open and close our fingers. I think it was designed in Canada but have not located anything since.

I have wrote to many companies about a glove to no avail. They can make all types of robotics but nothing that would make such a tremendous difference in our lives.
    are you talking about this splint?

http://www.broadenedhorizons.com/powergrip.htm