Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bases for Hope in Spinal Cord Injury Research

Bases for Hope in Spinal Cord Injury Research

http://carecure.rutgers.edu/spinewir...SCIHope03c.htm

Many people have been asking me for the lecture that I have been giving, summarizing spinal cord injury research from 1995 to now. The above is a link to an html version of the powerpoint file. If you have any questions, please ask.

Very clean presentation. Alot of good info. Thanks Dr. Young for your endless hard work. Who knows what the future will bring. Merry Xmas!

Hello Dr. Young -

Do you think the pipeline is full enough with potential therapies? I remember you were always mentioning that as important. From my read of your presentation, the pipeline is pretty full, almost confusingly so.

Thanks Dr. Young for the informative Power Point and for your endless work in the area of SCI cure. Nan

Very nice presentation, Wise.
    Thanks

Dr. Young:

Can you please explain the following in your presentation on the results of Dr. Huang's OEG trial? The average motor score, touch score, and pinprick score improvement in the patients at 4-6 weeks after transplantation for each age group. I am unfamiliar with this scoring system. Is is similar to ASIA score? How does it translate to improvement in levels of SCI?

JJG

Dear Wise,
    The Assosiation of Hungarian Spinal Cord Injured (http://neko.srv.hu) would like this ppt in Hungarian. Is there any way someone could translate it?
    Bubo

Originally posted by Wise Young:

http://carecure.rutgers.edu/spinewir...SCIHope03c.htm

Many people have been asking me for the lecture that I have been giving, summarizing spinal cord injury research from 1995 to now. The above is a link to an html version of the powerpoint file. If you have any questions, please ask.

Originally posted by Dr. J. J.:

Dr. Young:

Can you please explain the following in your presentation on the results of Dr. Huang's OEG trial? The average motor score, touch score, and pinprick score improvement in the patients at 4-6 weeks after transplantation for each age group. I am unfamiliar with this scoring system. Is is similar to ASIA score? How does it translate to improvement in levels of SCI?

JJG
    JJ, these are neurological change scores. The motor scores represent muscle scores (each muscle is scored on the standard scale of 0-5 where 0 is no movement, 1 is trace movement, 2 is visible movement, 3 is movement sufficient to oppose gravity, 4 is movement against resistance, 5 is normal), pinprick or pain scores (each dermatome on each side of the body is scored on the scale of 0-2 where 0 is no sensation, 1 is abnormal sensation, and 2 is normal sensation), and touch (same scoring system as pinprick).

The score given the mean change of score before and within 6 weeks after transplanation. The ±value given is the standard deviation of the scores.

Wise.

Originally posted by Bubo-Hungary:

Dear Wise,
    The Assosiation of Hungarian Spinal Cord Injured (http://neko.srv.hu) would like this ppt in Hungarian. Is there any way someone could translate it?
    Bubo
    I wouldn't know how to translate it into Hungarian but if somebody would like to do it, I would not mind.

Wise.

Dr Young, Thanks again for the presentation Friday night. It was very informative and motivating. (I found the info on the many different types of therapies in progress and/or coming in the near future very interesting, and the info on 'repetative use' and 'reverse learned non-use' interesting as well). Unfortunately, we were unable to stay for the entire presentation or the Q&A session. I just finished viewing your presentation tonight. Question: I am starting to take Elavil for my neurogenic pain - what is the recommended dosage? Is there additional information available on Elavil? I am currently taking 25mg once a day at night and it is not working. (Previously, I had tried zonegran and neurontin without success). Thanks. Bob