Thread: Help finding a gastroenterologist

Help finding a gastroenterologist

Hi,
    I am a 60 year old c7 quad. I was injured in an auto accident over 40 years ago. Fortunately I have had almost no health issues since. But recently I have developed some intestinal issues that require me to have a colonoscopy. I know that that there has been threads started on colonoscopies and sci I have read them and learned a lot, thanks. My problem is that I can’t find a gastroenterologist in my area, I live in Tucson Az, that has an idea of the issues. Does anyone know how to go about finding a doctor that has experience with sci?
    Another question for the sci nurse concerns the use of Propofol during the procedure the last gastroenterologist I spoke with said he thought that his use of Propofol during the procedure would eliminate the risk of AD. Does the use of Propofol significantly reduce the risk of AD. I have had episodes in the past but am not particularly prone to it.
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I am a 60 year old c7 quad. I was injured in an auto accident over 40 years ago. Fortunately I have had almost no health issues since. But recently I have developed some intestinal issues that require me to have a colonoscopy. I know that that there has been threads started on colonoscopies and sci I have read them and learned a lot, thanks. My problem is that I can’t find a gastroenterologist in my area, I live in Tucson Az, that has an idea of the issues. Does anyone know how to go about finding a doctor that has experience with sci?
    Another question for the sci nurse concerns the use of Propofol during the procedure the last gastroenterologist I spoke with said he thought that his use of Propofol during the procedure would eliminate the risk of AD. Does the use of Propofol significantly reduce the risk of AD. I have had episodes in the past but am not particularly prone to it.
    Thanks

Your bowels will be cleaned out. Empty your bladder and with the propofol you won't recognize the discomfort and you shouldn't get AD but they should be ready just in case.It is a fast procedure/
    CWO