Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The DA's Day

The DA's Day

DA alot of people here, me with them, considers you as the 'barometer' for the cure.
    What i wonder is how will you understand that the right moment is come and you'll ba able to say 'this is my day'? What should heppen that day ? and by who you are expecting it ? and how will you judge if it is to early to make the step into the surgery room ?

Andrea

Originally posted by Andrea:

DA alot of people here, me with them, considers you as the 'barometer' for the cure.
    What i wonder is how will you understand that the right moment is come and you'll ba able to say 'this is my day'? What should heppen that day ? and by who you are expecting it ? and how will you judge if it is to early to make the step into the surgery room ?

Andrea
    their is not a simple answer and i dont know the system in italy so i will answer using usa system.

1st ask yourself do you want to wait for a full approved 100 percent cure, which is years away.

or

a partical cure in clinical trials that will improve every year.

lets say you choose second choice. then you must understand your injury type. if your injury is c7 yet you can move your legs, i'd say your incomplete and current therapies like oeg will most likey improve you. if your injury is a complete, its not your turn. if you are still not sure, then just keep updated on the forum. because when something big happens, myself or jeffro will be making a lot of noise. you wont miss it.

understand this, you wont wake up to a news flash that a cure for paralysis has been found. it will happen in steps over years. some of us will be cured before the technology allows all of us cured.

Damn DA, that's about the most well conceived answer I have heard you give.

Yes Carl

depressing but very well put - I need a cure now

Thanks DA
    it is easy to explain how the system works here, it simply doesnt work at all!! at least it doesnt to find a cure or partial cure.

So if we have to reason by various steps to achive the full cure i must hope in a foreign country to make my path toward it.

DA,
    Maybe I misunderstood a previous statement you made about a "cure" in 18 months?(in reference to what's going on at MP) Has your opinion changed since and if so why?

[This message was edited by hope2findacure on 12-09-03 at 09:12 AM.]

1st ask yourself do you want to wait for a full approved 100 percent cure, which is years away.
    hope2findacure,

Ditto for me. Couple weeks ago it was full cure in 18 months.

DA your words are well chosen. There will be liitle gains every year from now on. The first will be for acute injuries only. These newly injured persons will receive cellular therapy that will prevent them from becoming completes. The second will be for low level incompletes. These individuals will receive combined therapies so they can return to near normal in all aspects. The third will be for incomplete
    high level injuried persons. Their treatments will allow use of their hands and fingers. The next will be for completes to get return of 2 to 4 levels of function. It will require some surgery and ohter treatents to get rid of the large glial scares. The last will be those that have severed cords. This will require complex microsurgury that probably does not exit yet.

Happy Holidays

JJG

Originally posted by hope2findacure:

DA,
    Maybe I misunderstood a previous statement you made about a "cure" in 18 months?(in reference to what's going on at MP) Has your opinion changed since and if so why?

[This message was edited by hope2findacure on 12-09-03 at 09:12 AM.]
    yes you misunderstood. i never said mp will have a cure in 18 months. i doubt mp will have a cure in 18 centuries.

Originally posted by Dr. J. J.:

DA your words are well chosen. There will be liitle gains every year from now on. The first will be for acute injuries only. These newly injured persons will receive cellular therapy that will prevent them from becoming completes. The second will be for low level incompletes. These individuals will receive combined therapies so they can return to near normal in all aspects. The third will be for incomplete
    high level injuried persons. Their treatments will allow use of their hands and fingers. The next will be for completes to get return of 2 to 4 levels of function. It will require some surgery and ohter treatents to get rid of the large glial scares. The last will be those that have severed cords. This will require complex microsurgury that probably does not exit yet.

Happy Holidays

JJG
    jj i think most of what you said will overlap.
    the way things are happening, curing completes and incompletes may happen at 1 time.