Thread: Botox procedure

Botox procedure

I'm having botox injections in my bladder tomorrow and they're knocking me out for it (I have sensation and am prone to AD). If you've had the procedure done, how long did it take and how long did you have to stay at the hospital before you could go home? I'm trying to not be nervous about this...
    Maggie
    C5/6 incomplete since '99

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

I've been having this done for years but haven't had to be knocked out. I do it right in the dr office...they empty my bladder, put some numbing stuff in it for 20 minutes & do the injections which takes no more than 5 minutes then home I go! You will probably be in & out before you know it. They will probably let you go home once the anesthesia wears off & you are feeling okay...which won't take long! Don't worry about it I'm sure everything will be fine
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by mb19 View Post
    I'm having botox injections in my bladder tomorrow and they're knocking me out for it (I have sensation and am prone to AD). If you've had the procedure done, how long did it take and how long did you have to stay at the hospital before you could go home? I'm trying to not be nervous about this...
    Please make use of the search feature. This topic has been addressed countless times; in fact, there's another current thread on the same topic.

Yours is an outpatient procedure with light sedation -- enjoy it. There's no reason to be worried, your stay in the hospital will be very brief.