Thread: Are hill holders interchangable between chairs?

Are hill holders interchangable between chairs?

I have an old Quickie XTR with hill holders on it and a newer Kuschall Airlite without hill holders. Can I switch the hill holders over to my new chair?
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

If I remember correctly they hook on with the brakes right? SO you should be able to, especially if you have the same brake setup.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Yeah, I got my husband to drag my old chair out of storage and the brakes are different so not interchangable
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Can you move the whole brake system to the new chair?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

I had the same problem Emi. I would need totally different brakes for them to work on my Kuschall, but they did work on my Tilite ZRA.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Bummer, I do have great insurance who will get them for me - eventually - to fit my Kuschall if possible...just wanted to save some time.