Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dinner party -- BBQ chicken

never thought I'd have a craving for buffalo turds!
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

The final menu is BBQ chicken, loaded mashed potatoes (I hope they are good, I've never had them before), baked beans, macaroni & cheese, deviled eggs and biscuits. Someone else is fixing the beans and dessert, but I am fixing everything else.

Actually I have already fixed the mac & cheese, eggs and mashed potatoes. I did this because my mom was over here in case I needed help with something. Now I wish I would have waited until tomorrow evening when she got off of work to have had her come by in case I needed any help. I usually prepare simple things for myself and don't use the stovetop much. That's why I wanted her to be here.

The only thing I have to fix now is the chicken and biscuits. But I'm concerned how well things will turn out when warming it up. My mom told me to add a small amount of milk to the mac and cheese when I warm it up so it won't get too dry. I'm also concerned about the potatoes. They looked a bit flaky. I also don't think the eggs turned out that well either. It turned out that I didn't have much mayo to put in them.

I didn't know it was going to be so difficult. I have already been to the store three times. The second trip was because I forgot to get some eggs. The third trip was to get some potatoes and diet pepsi. Which didn't make it home. I guess it was left at the store. I may call up the guy tomorrow and ask if he would mind stopping by the store and picking one up. I haven't asked him to bring anything yet.
    Last edited by faith9778; 04-26-2012 at 01:10 AM.

I'm nervous that the food may not turn out okay.
    Last edited by faith9778; 04-27-2012 at 03:31 AM.

it'll be fine, sounds like it's gonna be a great get together, have fun and enjoy the fruits of your labor!!!

Don't worry, it'll just give you wrinkles, if your friends drink wine, buy two bottles of frontera, get the malbec if you can, it's about 8 bucks for 1.5 liters, give your guests a glass or two before dinner, they'll be happy and the food will taste better. remember if wine was good enough for jesus, it's good enough for us.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

Quote Originally Posted by faith9778 View Post
    I wish I had advice. I'm nervous that the food may not turn out okay.
    You've had lots of advise. What kind of advise are you looking for or expecting?

btw. I thought you said you had some cooking skills you wanted to show off.
    If you've got the skills, believe in them and stay confident. You said you learned the lesson to just relax over things. Revisit that lesson and relax. Just enjoy the dinner and your company.

If the guy gets sick or food poisoned or something, no worries.... just think of that as an opportunity to visit him again.... maybe bring some flowers, candy, or rent a movie....just don't bring any homemade chicken soup.

I can cook pretty good, but I'm just nervous how it will be warmed up. But I believe everything will turn out okay.

Oh yeah, the advice about warming things up where it will turn out okay. Thanks for the advice on everything else. I am looking into using a lot of the advice.
    Last edited by faith9778; 04-27-2012 at 03:32 AM.