Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Icon A1 Six Months In - How have you found it?

Quote Originally Posted by juggular View Post
    Been using one for 4 months and this chair kicks ass. Had one piece break most likely a defect in material. Sent out an email on Tuesday at 8:00 PM had the replacement part at my door Thursday at 8:40 AM. What other manufacture is going to provide that kind of service? Probably none. Very thankful for that as it was painful sitting in my old chair again. Still don't know how I sat in it for 10 years. Been spoiled sitting in the Icon. Never been more comfortable in a chair. Being able to make those micro adjustments until the chair fits you outweighs the cost. Can't put a price on comfort especially when you're in it for the majority of the day.

Is there an option for fold down push handles? It doesn't seem so from Sportaid

Yesterdday I was able to demo the Icon again. This time I took it around a bit. the best and my favorite part was going over the threshold to my place. It always hurts. I brace for it. With the Icon it felt like going over the edge of a blanket. I won't go into all the details of the rest of my demo now but it felt great, really great. I can't get over it and I'm placing my order now. One thing I have changed my mind on is I am get the ADI carbon fiber back. It's plenty expensive I know and I'm maxed out as it is but the demo chair had it and I've never had a back feel good before. With that kind of feeling, it's not optional, I'm getting it. Maybe another month before the chair ships but I'll be reporting in as soon as I start living everyday with it. Can't wait.

By the way, as was mentioned, after you get the Icon fit just right, it's no bloody fun going back to your old chair. My Tilite TR is great but it doesn't fit me right and the Icon does. What a feeling. :-)

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    The ADI CF back is great and it doesn't really change your position forwrd like other say. Did you get rigid mount? Since the back angle is adjustable on the chair, I don't see much use for the angle adjustable mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    Yesterdday I was able to demo the Icon again. This time I took it around a bit. the best and my favorite part was going over the threshold to my place. It always hurts. I brace for it. With the Icon it felt like going over the edge of a blanket. I won't go into all the details of the rest of my demo now but it felt great, really great. I can't get over it and I'm placing my order now. One thing I have changed my mind on is I am get the ADI carbon fiber back. It's plenty expensive I know and I'm maxed out as it is but the demo chair had it and I've never had a back feel good before. With that kind of feeling, it's not optional, I'm getting it. Maybe another month before the chair ships but I'll be reporting in as soon as I start living everyday with it. Can't wait.

By the way, as was mentioned, after you get the Icon fit just right, it's no bloody fun going back to your old chair. My Tilite TR is great but it doesn't fit me right and the Icon does. What a feeling. :-)

I went to go test mine out on friday, but it came with no manual, pump for the shock, or cushion. Needless to say I didn't take it home. Cause it wasn't set up for me and the guy didn't wanna play with it and end up messing something up. I am supposed to go back after they talk to icon and see what they can do. One thing I noticed is that the casters aren't independent like the marvel ones are. And the front end doesn't have a quick release like the marvel. Is there a reason for this? The quick release is something I really liked about the marvel chair. The chair did look good though. I was definitely impressed

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    there is no quick-release because of liability issues, but you can pick some up from a bike shop along with a shock pump and put them on yourself. the manual is available on their website. Most bicycles that have shocks don't come with the pumps either.

ICON operations manual is online!

http://www.iconwheelchairs.com/docs/...ons-Manual.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by arod636 View Post
    I went to go test mine out on friday, but it came with no manual, pump for the shock, or cushion. Needless to say I didn't take it home. Cause it wasn't set up for me and the guy didn't wanna play with it and end up messing something up. I am supposed to go back after they talk to icon and see what they can do. One thing I noticed is that the casters aren't independent like the marvel ones are. And the front end doesn't have a quick release like the marvel. Is there a reason for this? The quick release is something I really liked about the marvel chair. The chair did look good though. I was definitely impressed

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    One thing I have changed my mind on is I am get the ADI carbon fiber back. It's plenty expensive I know and I'm maxed out as it is but the demo chair had it and I've never had a back feel good before. With that kind of feeling, it's not optional, I'm getting it.
    If you're interested in saving some coin, the aluminum back from ADI really doesn't add an unreasonable amount of weight over the CF. I have the AL back on mine & in terms of "feel" it's basically the same. The CF is nice though.

(I have a CF Jetstream Pro on an older chair for comparison sake)

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    If you're interested in saving some coin, the aluminum back from ADI really doesn't add an unreasonable amount of weight over the CF. I have the AL back on mine & in terms of "feel" it's basically the same. The CF is nice though.

(I have a CF Jetstream Pro on an older chair for comparison sake)
    And since you're able to make such precise set up changes, you can balance the chair to minimize the feel of any increased weight.