Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday Le Type Francais

No, we'd never buy from pet stores. My parents had suggested a Bichon Frisé. They even contacted a breeder in Florida. I'm not entirely closed to the idea, but aesthetically, not my favorite type of dog I'd lean towards.

B'Day

Todd have a happy birthday. Do something that pleases you and damn the consequences.

Bashfully.
    Tim Edd
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

oh good a new dog! I'm going to check out this kitty next week
    http://www.purebredsplus.org/available/bio/sierra.html
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Smile

Hi Todd,
    HAPPY B'DAY !! Hope you enjoy what ever you do on your once a year special day!!

Smile

Todd,
    I highly recommend a Pomeranian. My bro & I bought one for our sister when she turned 16. Best dog we ever had in the house. He was a real love. My sister named him Dusty. We had an Uncle who nicknamed him Dust Mop LOL!! . I miss the dog to this day. He was old when he died from congestive heart failure. I think he was over 14 yrs old. Never was nasty. He loved every body.

Quote Originally Posted by leschinsky View Post
    oh good a new dog! I'm going to check out this kitty next week
    http://www.purebredsplus.org/available/bio/sierra.html
    What a gorgeous kitty. Let us know what you do.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RAFS View Post
    Todd,
    I highly recommend a Pomeranian. My bro & I bought one for our sister when she turned 16. Best dog we ever had in the house. He was a real love. My sister named him Dusty. We had an Uncle who nicknamed him Dust Mop LOL!! . I miss the dog to this day. He was old when he died from congestive heart failure. I think he was over 14 yrs old. Never was nasty. He loved every body.
    Todd stay away from Bichon Frise's. I know several people who have one and they are very active dogs always bouncing all the over the place which at times can be nerve racking when your trying to relax. One minute they are on the floor next minute in your lap or some one elses in the room. They can tend to be yappy also. Which also at times can a little to much to handle.
    Good luck on finding a dog that is just right for you. Ever thought about getting a service dog since your in a chair? He/she could help you do things or fetch things for you etc. There are also service monkeys. They are specially trained capuchin monkeys trained for people who are disabled or who have mobility issues. They are from Helping Hands : monkeyhelpers.org or check out The Foundation for Service Dog Support
    servicedogsupport.org. I know a fellow Veteran who was a blackhawk helo pilot and his crashed over Kosovo from mechanical failure. He has a beautiful female yellow lab service dog. It's awesome the things she helps him with including at times pulling him in his manual chair.
    Keep us all here on Care Cure up to date on the dog you get.
    Just my 2 cents worth. Hope my suggestions are helpful to you.

A lab or lab cross that was a couple years old would be my choice. Sweet loving dogs.
    They usually need a lot of tossing and fetching, but a trained one would be calmer.
    We can't have a dog where we live now, though I can't imagine the association would gripe about it under the circumstances.
    Dogs love andmind Dave, but now in his chair when his voice is low and he can't snap his fingers I'm afraid it would bond with me.
    Also the care of a dog that needs exersise when I can't leave D alone.
    We did consider the helping hands monkey.
    I thought the bird would bond with him, but the opposite happened. He hates it when I feed Dave.
    Well that is my mignight rambling.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    Todd, consider visiting some shelters and see what they have. Lots of good dogs end up there for different reasons.
    Some of the puppy mill dogs are so inbred they are neurotic and have birth defects.
    A woman I exercise with just spent $1000 for knee surgery on her designer (teddy bear?) pup and that is what the vet told her.

I googled the teddy bear puppy and whatever they are, they are cute.

Todd, post pics of your new puppy/dog.

Todd, are you leaning toward any particular size of dog?