Thread: I can't find an answer to my question about disability anywhere!

I can't find an answer to my question about disability anywhere!

Ok so here's the deal

I currently receive long term disability from my old job. Well unum writes the check.

A job opportunity has come up where I'd work as a contract employee making a decent amount of money but it's only temporary. It will last TBD.

Problem is if I make more than what I make through disability they will stop my benefits for life!

What if I start a corporation, pay my husband a good deal as manager, his dad to b a bookkeeper and I make very little from the corporation. It's a loophole but legal right?

I have no idea but I hate how we are trapped in these types of systems. Good luck and I really hope you find the answer.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Don't provide the details of your LTD coverage or your intent to work online. It can be used against you in the future. Try and find a good (national) disability attorney if you don't have one already.

I'm positive this site is a favorite of LTD insurers.

Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    Don't provide the details of your LTD coverage or your intent to work online. It can be used against you in the future. Try and find a good (national) disability attorney if you don't have one already.

I'm positive this site is a favorite of LTD insurers.
    I agree 100% about not discussing this online and about getting a LTD attorney. And no, it isn't really a safe legal loophole if you are actually doing the work.

I tried to work for two years after getting hurt and just could not sustain it. Remember the sustainability issue as you consider your options.
    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.