Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anxiously waiting my new ZR2..

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I ordered my ZR with a 17" long frame instead of 16+1 to save the surcharge. But I ordered a 16" long after-market CF seat pan, which Velcros to the frame, so there are no mounting holes drilled.
    Oh yes, I know your chair. Now whenever I see a ZR2 I cringe because yours upped the ante for all cantilevered chairs. So many new ones with sideguards that don't fit, painted black aluminum backrest frames that don't match the satin-finish titanium, and "performance" casters with R6 bearings that not alot of people are aware of yet.

Looks like Ti has changed the +/-1 cost to NCO recently, I was referring to the 20" depth. 20" wide I can understand the additional cost, but not length.

I am so excited for you, Your new chair is coming soon and you will LOVE it !!! Last week I made the transition from a folding quickie 2 (TANK). To a Tilite ZRA 1. I bought it used as I was unsure if I would be comfortable in the ZRA as there is such a huge difference in design. Well I love it so much I cant believe how comfortable the short frame is and how much more mobility I have because of the turning radius. The only problem with the chair is that its hard to find, If Im not in it my kids drive away in it because even they love the chair and my 13 yr old son says it dosent look like a wheelchair its a HOTROD!!!
    I cant wait to hear how your new chair is for you, and Ill be watching for the Pictures of your new Hotrod. lol

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    Oh yes, I know your chair. Now whenever I see a ZR2 I cringe because yours upped the ante for all cantilevered chairs. So many new ones with sideguards that don't fit, painted black aluminum backrest frames that don't match the satin-finish titanium, and "performance" casters with R6 bearings that not alot of people are aware of yet.

Looks like Ti has changed the +/-1 cost to NCO recently, I was referring to the 20" depth. 20" wide I can understand the additional cost, but not length.
    Well, who does't know about Stephen's chair, or Toto's!

Tooley your Oracing chair rocks too, I can imagine that box frames are even more stable/solid than the L frames, I went with L cause apart my personal preference I have a 5door car and have not much space for transfer, the ZR should be easier to put into, respect a TR for instance.
    I like very much the Oracing F2V that Toto posted over periodically, nice to know that such premium brands exist for the ultimate ride..
    One important factor that made me decide to go with TiLite is that there is an exclusive dealer here in Greece (which I consider as a great thing to happen, our market is mainly overwhelmed by conventional Invacare and SunriseMedical chairs and it's pretty tough as extremely costly to get a premium chair..), so spare-part wise or for warranty issues there should be no problem
    Last edited by ReArkou; 04-23-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    ''Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via''

Quote Originally Posted by Cowgirls can go splat View Post
    I am so excited for you, Your new chair is coming soon and you will LOVE it !!! Last week I made the transition from a folding quickie 2 (TANK). To a Tilite ZRA 1. I bought it used as I was unsure if I would be comfortable in the ZRA as there is such a huge difference in design. Well I love it so much I cant believe how comfortable the short frame is and how much more mobility I have because of the turning radius. The only problem with the chair is that its hard to find, If Im not in it my kids drive away in it because even they love the chair and my 13 yr old son says it dosent look like a wheelchair its a HOTROD!!!
    I cant wait to hear how your new chair is for you, and Ill be watching for the Pictures of your new Hotrod. lol
    Thank you, I hope that the chair will give me the fun & function I want and the transition won't be traumatic..
    Last edited by ReArkou; 04-23-2012 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReArkou View Post
    Well, who does't know about Stephen's chair, or Toto's!

Tooley your Oracing chair rocks too, I can imagine that box frames are even more stable/solid than the L frames.....
    I wouldn't say a box frame is any more stable, but definitely more solid/rigid. I have been switching back and forth between my Lasher BT-Mg and my Oracing XtremeBox in the last month or so. I never realized just how much vibration the cantilevered frame dampers over sidewalk cracks as opposed to a box frame. It's very noticeable. I love my Oracing for how solid it is, great chair especially for indoors because I spec'd it so short. But I actually prefer my magnesium Lasher for long outdoor rides because of it's dampening abililty. It also has a lower RSH which gives me more push, plus being a couple pounds lighter is noticeable. I never actually thought the small differences had much difference, but on a back-to-back comparison it is noticeable. And you are so right about car loading, for my summer car I only use my Lasher.

I never realized just how much vibration the cantilevered frame dampers over sidewalk cracks as opposed to a box frame.
    Although I haven't benchmarked any box frame before, I guess logic can confirm the above. However, by selecting a well made titanium chair, you already gain much on the vibration absorption. I can surely testify on the ZR or ZRa I tested compared with my current Quickie GT. The difference was more than evident. I think the TR owners must be proud on this aspect (box+titanium)

Hello! Any idea how long til you get it? specs look good.

Waiting for my first lightweight too, but i've got a few options i may regret, fingers crossed it won't turn out too bad. I went for a Kuschall K4 in the end, should be 3-4 weeks.
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Quote Originally Posted by SuprSi View Post
    Hello! Any idea how long til you get it? specs look good.

Waiting for my first lightweight too, but i've got a few options i may regret, fingers crossed it won't turn out too bad. I went for a Kuschall K4 in the end, should be 3-4 weeks.
    I'm expecting it end of next week the latest.
    Kuschall K4 is an 'old time classic' respect the avant-garde chairs you read in the forum, but still is a very respectable chair in my opinion.
    'LifeOnWheels' had this chair for years, he can tell you anything you need to know.

as per Chas's last post - completely idiotic TiLite charges $475 for an extra inch of tubing, I guess it's a tax on the tall.
    Hold on a second folks, this is a victory of sorts for us. TiLite finally listened--A CUSTOM FRAME DEPTH IS A NO CHARGE OPTION UNLESS IT IS SPCEC'D 20 DEEP.

I can understand the up charge for a 20" seat depth because the frame needs to be built differently and is sold in such limited volumes.

I would have been happy if they just made the +1 a "No Charge", but kept the $150 upcharge on +2 or greater frames.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Hold on a second folks, this is a victory of sorts for us. TiLite finally listened--A CUSTOM FRAME DEPTH IS A NO CHARGE OPTION UNLESS IT IS SPCEC'D 20 DEEP.
    Thats some great news you bring SCI_OTR!
    They might listen to the +1 tubing too..there are people here that give precious feedbacks to Tilite thus some positive influence too!
    (Fortunately, when I made the order a month ago, my need was matching the standards regarding the frame depth and avoided the surcharge)
    Last edited by ReArkou; 04-26-2012 at 07:00 AM.