Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using rakes and brooms with Quad paws

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    How do you hold trigger on the battery blower and how long does it run?

I thourouly checked out the hand adaptations scott presented. The wrist atachments are 85 bucks and I believe they are well worth it. I am buying them and think they will give me the power to sweep or rake well. They are very busy and it takes a few weeks to have them delivered. I may also get the ones for hands.

One of the things that really piss me off is looking at things that need done and is dificult or almost impossible to do in chair with quad hands. Like a lot of us, there was little I could not do, before. I built 3 houses with a buddy before I was 25, the National Park Service payed me to climb trees and cut them down, I rebuilt most of a neglected state park and won over a dozen awards for performance, design and acomplishment. Thankfully I was 49 when hurt and have documentation and memories. Makes me terribly concerned for our younger members as most everything requires such dogged determination.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 04-26-2012 at 06:10 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Thanks a lot scott! I am sure you enjoyed Colorado very much. I worked at Breckenridge Ski resort in 85 and really enjoyed all the terrific young people and always something to do outside. Kind of expensive to live though. Definately need 2 incomes to live without struggling.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 04-26-2012 at 07:14 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

sure thing!

and yes, Colorado was wonderful... costly indeed (particularly in-season for resort towns)... we're back in Virginia.

My neighbor was out using his Black and Decker battery powered blower this morning. I went over to check it out. He got it for a Xmas present and said it is okay for small jobs but not much more. The big problem is that the battery does not last for more than 15-20 minutes and the last half of those seem to be at half power or less. Maybe there are other brands out there that are better. This one seemed to have limited potential.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

http://www.receive-all.com/

I have this device attached to a black and decker electric blower and several other tools.
    It's not perfect but is really helpfull.