Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How am I sitting? - Thoughts & Ideas for new chair :)

Quote Originally Posted by ipenguin View Post
    I have to say, it's like a mule to push most of the time. I was so new to chairs when I got this that I went super conservative to keep it stable but the downside is a pretty heavy chair feeling a whole lot heavier due to setup. So far, you guys have confirmed what I was thinking. I want to bring the rsh down about an inch (changing the back angle to compensate) and bring the cog forward. The rsh drop will compromise posture a tiny bit but on balance, a small price to pay as I've always felt too high in the chair. After that I'm going to focus on getting the footrest situation sorted.

If I can get this thing dialled in, it will give me the breathing space I need to save for something like a Zra/Q7 in the future.

In truth, there are many things to love about this chair...You can throw it around and it just takes it so I think with some tweaks here and there it will serve me well for another year or so.
    It looks like you might need more than an inch in the rear; I think you may want to focus on a ZRa (or Aero Z) rather than something like a ZR/TR.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    It looks like you might need more than an inch in the rear; I think you may want to focus on a ZRa (or Aero Z) rather than something like a ZR/TR.
    Yeah I agree...A non-adjustable would be too much of a risk

Quote Originally Posted by ipenguin View Post
    I have to say, it's like a mule to push most of the time. I was so new to chairs when I got this that I went super conservative to keep it stable but the downside is a pretty heavy chair feeling a whole lot heavier due to setup. So far, you guys have confirmed what I was thinking. I want to bring the rsh down about an inch (changing the back angle to compensate) and bring the cog forward. The rsh drop will compromise posture a tiny bit but on balance, a small price to pay as I've always felt too high in the chair. After that I'm going to focus on getting the footrest situation sorted.

If I can get this thing dialled in, it will give me the breathing space I need to save for something like a Zra/Q7 in the future.

In truth, there are many things to love about this chair...You can throw it around and it just takes it so I think with some tweaks here and there it will serve me well for another year or so.
    why not just play around with the adjustments you can make? grab a wrench and have at it. (Mark down where you started from though)

see for yourself what a difference an inch here or there can make. the way I see it, you have basically nothing to lose by taking a Saturday & a set or wrenches to tinker with it, make one change at a time and go from there.

as long as you apply caution to your safety, the chair isn't fragile and will be fine. Just don't start stripping bolts haha.

good luck, HAVE FUN with it.