Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZR or Q7, that is the question!

I'm starting to think exactly what I was thinking to begin with; get the ZR.

The ZR is non-adjustable like the TR, right? The ZRa is the adjustable one.

Thanks for all the replies

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    The ZR is non-adjustable like the TR, right? The ZRa is the adjustable one.
    Right
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    Don't you need a reinforced frame (or at least one is recommended) for power assist on tilite as well?
    A reinforced frame is required by TiLite with power assist to maintain the warranty. My AeroZ is reinforced; nothing about the reinforcement is obvious to me. (I even wonder if the reinforcement is just an extra fee assessed by TiLite just to cover potential issues . . .) Use of PA with TiLite also requires aluminum-hub casters and dual arm (standard) forks.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    I've wondered if the reason power assist is not available on the Q7 is the inability to order a reinforced frame or special requests the way you can with tilite's 'designs unlimited' packages.
    To me, the inability to reinforce the 7000-series Q7 frame speaks loudly about its durability - along with some vague rumors of cracked frames and actual CCC posts about Q7 issues. TiLite had some issues, too (with new series-2 hardware and CF axles), but they were addressed and remedied (eventually).
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quickie old days

I agree with P. Madsen about Quickie quality going down the tubes after the Marilyn Hamilton era. There is nothing good about cracked frames

Whats not practical to one person can be necessary for another. Thats why its good that there are options to fit peoples needs. The on the go adjustable back was a requirement for me. I knew I needed it before I knew if wheelchairs offered it or not. And when I looked, as far as K5 chairs quickie was the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    To me, the inability to reinforce the 7000-series Q7 frame speaks loudly about its durability - along with some vague rumors of cracked frames and actual CCC posts about Q7 issues. TiLite had some issues, too (with new series-2 hardware and CF axles), but they were addressed and remedied (eventually).
    What I meant by inability to reinforce is that quickie won't change their designs for people. You get the model, you don't have options like tilite's 'designs unlimited' to reinforce, add an extra stabilizer bar, and so forth.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

I have to agree with the majority of the posters here...the ZR series, along with the Aero Z are better in my mind to the Q7. I know several people who have cracked their frames where the caster "wings" are welded to the down tubes. I think the casters are out too far to transfer (for me) and the quality of a Quickie is less to be desired. I have had TiLites for almost 5 years now, and do not regret getting them. I also had to push for my first one (because the Quickies do pay more money to the DME), but I am glad I did and I will not look back.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post

Was thinking this too chas, looking into emotions, and so glad I opted against a Q7. Feel I'd be having issues, unhappy with caster housings, and not being able to get emotions would be ticking me off right about now!

I'd go with the ZR, I loved the only titanium chair I've demoed, just a big difference. it was a GTi, but still. and I just would be leery of the Q7. some love, some hate

Really weird that the Q7 is not reinforced, to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    New chair time. YAY!

I know, another thread about one chair versus another.

I'm pretty gung ho on getting a TiLite ZR, and I had my seating guy come in today for an eval to start the process. The evaluation went well, and hopefully getting a new chair won't be an issue with my HMO.

He's a Quickie rep, so that's what he pushed on me. He's talking about the Q7. Do you guys think one is better than the other?

Thanks
    Before decide to order the ZR, I also tested the lightest version of the Quickie Helium (Q7), the 'Electron' (see below the versions just to have an idea).
    It was very light but seemed almost 'made of plastic' quality-wise, never won my confidence. I wouldn't consider it especially if you are a person that makes hard-use of the chair.
    I even appreciate more my Quickie GT in terms of robustness (although it has other downsizes respect the Q7). If hypothetically I'd had to choose only Quickies I would choose the GTi, even if it's discontinued, it will sure last you longer. But as it's not the case, stick with a nice selection of chairs around..TiLite seems to have gain much appreciation as you can see for yourself
    Although I have not yet experience with TiLite (only few hours for testing and spec'ing) so my judgment is incomplete , you know my vote already.
    Last edited by ReArkou; 04-27-2012 at 04:32 AM.
    ''Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via''

Quote Originally Posted by ReArkou View Post
    Although I have not yet experience with TiLite (only few hours for testing and spec'ing) so my judgment is incomplete , you now my vote already.
    I've been watching your thread closely, and I can't wait to see pictures of yours.
    I've had 2 TiLite TR's in the past. I've loved them both except for the Frog Legs on my current TR.

The ZR is what I've been leaning towards to begin with, and everybody's replies seem to back that up.

Thanks for all the feedback so far, all.