Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZR or Q7, that is the question!

ZR or Q7, that is the question!

New chair time. YAY!

I know, another thread about one chair versus another.

I'm pretty gung ho on getting a TiLite ZR, and I had my seating guy come in today for an eval to start the process. The evaluation went well, and hopefully getting a new chair won't be an issue with my HMO.

He's a Quickie rep, so that's what he pushed on me. He's talking about the Q7. Do you guys think one is better than the other?

Thanks

they push Quickies because they make more money off of them. Don't get pushed around, opt for the better chair - the ZR. Double check the specs yourself and demand a CAD drawing that you personally sign off before the chair is built.

For me, the Q7's front wheels stick out too much. I agree with T. you have to "stand" your ground. If he says that the system will only accept Quickies, tell him you want a Tilite Aero instead.

The ZR is a much better. I have the Tr and like it a lot. The only Quickies I liked was the old original design when Marilyn Hamilton ran the place and the All Court. All the other ones I've had, once Sunrise took it over; the quality just wasn't there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    For me, the Q7's front wheels stick out too much. I agree with T. you have to "stand" your ground. If he says that the system will only accept Quickies, tell him you want a Tilite Aero instead.

The ZR is a much better. I have the Tr and like it a lot. The only Quickies I liked was the old original design when Marilyn Hamilton ran the place and the All Court. All the other ones I've had, once Sunrise took it over; the quality just wasn't there anymore.
    Ditto. TR is my best bet (...so far....)

I wonder. why not icon? I'm setting my eyes on icon for my next chair. the only complaint i heard is about the tight footrest, which seems to be settled by jeff with the new large design and the "grommet". (i'm having trouble admitting grommet takes the merit on this one, but that front end is sweet!)
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post

aeroZ better than Q7 ?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Between the Q7 and ZRa with insurance paying I'd say ZRa is the better chair since its titanium. Between Aero Z and Q7 personally I'd choose Q7. I have a Q7 and LOVE it. I can't go with tilite though because they don't have an on-the-go adjustable back angle.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

aeroZ better than Q7 ?[/QUOTE]

For the design, IMO, yes/ I don't like the front wheel design and don't like the quality of Quickie since Sunrise took over. Just my opinion folks, don't jump on me too harshly lol.

I question the durability of the Q7 because it's incompatible with power assist. When Q7 was first introduced, it was listed as compatible with PA; then I heard rumors of cracked frames, and suddenly Q7's order form added this note:
    Attachment 44605

I love my AeroZ. It is a bit heavy, but that's no problem for me (I stand to load it).
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Don't you need a reinforced frame (or at least one is recommended) for power assist on tilite as well? I've wondered if the reason power assist is not available on the Q7 is the inability to order a reinforced frame or special requests the way you can with tilite's 'designs unlimited' packages.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

IMO, the design of adjustable caster fork angle of Tilite ZRA2, AeroZ2 is more clever and logically more solid than Q7.

The axle plate design of AeroZ also more clever than Q7.

The on-the-go adjustable back angle, to me is not really practical.

IMO, the unitine design of Tilite also logically more solid than Q7. Q7 unitine is just a thicker piece of single fork, where AeroZ unitine has horizontal enforcement (something like oval shape theory).

I encounter a friend's Q7 which is quite fragile, within a year, the frame alignment seems to be out, and cause one caster flow.
    Last edited by sowseng; 04-21-2012 at 05:20 AM.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.