Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: What type of doctor do I need to see?

  1. #1

    What type of doctor do I need to see?

    I am a walking quad. I was running about 8 miles a day, but my gate is not that great and my leg drags a little. Recently I have a very achy muscle in my butt, due to over compensation of that muscle, I believe. It sends shooting pains down my leg and then my leg gives out on me (which I believe is due to the spinal cord injury and not the pain, because it is not THAT bad). I think my issues are bad gait + running strain+ spinal cord injury. It’s been about 3 weeks and it is not getting better. I would like to go see a doctor, but I am unsure what type. Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    I would go see either a Sports Medicine or a Spinal Cord Injury doctor. Sports Medicine is easier to come by.

  3. #3
    A physiatrist (rehabilitation medical doctor) or a doctor specializing in sports medicine can evaluated your strength, abilities, gait and suggest exercise routines and physical therapy.

    All the best,

  4. #4
    I am moving this to the Doctors and Clinics forum.

    You can find a list of physiatrists in your area here:

    Ideally, you want one who also is board certified in Spinal Cord Medicine. You can search here for that:


Similar Threads

  1. Is your doctor a doctor or a nurse with a doctorate?
    By avictoria in forum Health & Science News
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 04:27 PM
  2. 3 Years searching , doctor after doctor
    By lespaul in forum Care
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 12:56 PM
  3. What type of doctor?
    By amy in forum Doctors & Clinics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 06:23 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 09:31 PM
  5. How do you type
    By duge in forum Computers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-07-2004, 06:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts