Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you to the CC community

Thank you to the CC community

I just want to say thank you to all of CC family who have for the past ten years provided guidance, information, moral support ,and most of all an ear to bend in regards to living with a SCI. I want to take this time to thank a very special CC lady who back in the early years of my injury, helped me to get through that first year and without her help it would be safe to say I would not be here now. As I look back on the past ten years here at CC, I am saddened by the loss of numerous CC members who helped me in the early days such as Dodger and Rusty Reeves just to name a few.

Granted, the last ten years have not been what I would have hoped for, but I have tried to make the best of them for myself and for others with a disability by organizing and hosting special deer hunt at a local state park for hunters who are confined to a wheelchair for various reasons. In addition to the deer hunt, I found a way to use money generated from various real estate outgrants on lands managed by my employer to make several existing recreational areas accessible to those confined to a wheelchair through the construction of ramps and handicap accessible fishing piers.

I can only hope that when the next decade rolls around that I am still here, and maybe just maybe that CC will be a thing of the past as Dr. Wise and others will have made good on their quest to help get us out of our chairs for good.

Nevada

My 10 year is this Xmas. I remember when we were both newbies.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

10 years - wow - for both of you. I hope it's not another 10 for your sakes!

(I mean as in treatment, not anything else!!! lol)

Time certainly does fly! Congrats and celebrate surviving and thriving!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I stumbled on this site 47 years after my injury. I wish I had known about it earlier. I would never have taken the antibiotics (just because I had sediment) that caused my tendon damage, etc. The members have lots of knowledge gained through experience.

10 yrs for me on May 2.....not the group I ever thought I'd ever join.
    It's been a life saver tho.

A margarita coma may be in order..Ha
    DIGG.

Quote Originally Posted by 47+years View Post
    I stumbled on this site 47 years after my injury. I wish I had known about it earlier. I would never have taken the antibiotics (just because I had sediment) that caused my tendon damage, etc. The members have lots of knowledge gained through experience.
    I found this site 36 years post injury. July 20 will be my 45 anniversary. I never thought I would live this long! I wish I had found it long, long ago as I believe my life would have been much easier and not such a trial & error on everything.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

I had my 10 yr anniversary of SCI Feb 21 this year. It felt mind boggling in a not good way to me but I have gotten past that.

Nevada - it is good to read your positive post about the 10 years here at CC. I know Care Cure has helped me get through this immeasurably and I too am grateful for the community, the shared information, emotional support, ability to help and be helped by people around the world with this shared condition.

Sounds like you have made a difference for people. I also suspect that boy in that picture is growing up with a great role model. He must be driving a car by now....

Nevada,

Good to see such a positive post from you!

God bless!

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    .................... Sounds like you have made a difference for people. I also suspect that boy in that picture is growing up with a great role model. He must be driving a car by now....
    Ditto - kids can be a powerfully motivating force - the learn what they live. You have a lot to be proud of Nevada !!

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Cheers to Nevada!