Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New T11

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    I wouldn't even attempt driving with nthe turtle shell on, it's too restrictive. You will need to let your core get strong so you don't fall over when turning. Everyone hates the exercise in rehab where the PT tries to push you over, but that is to test/strengthen your core, their not doing it just to laugh at you falling over.

Welcome to CareCure. My issue is MS, and when my symptoms became really noticeable to others I got a lot of well-intended advice from friends who had Googled MS and read about all manner of speculative, outmoded, and occasionally even dangerous "treatments" - but I know that those people meant well and genuinely (even desperately) wanted to help. I think you will find that advice of this type will taper off, with time. I know what you mean about needing privacy right now - there is only so much a person can stand without some personal time to integrate experience and information. Again, welcome to CareCure - and all best wishes to you.

Yeah thats what one of the nurses told me about driving, but a girl can dream can't she We have four other roommates so between them I'm sure I will be able to get around town as needed for now. But eventually I would love to drive again!

Welcome to the site ! :-) what kind of vehicle are you looking at getting modified ?

As of now I have a 2001 Toyota Highlander. I haven't really looked into seeing if I can get in or out of it yet. Kinda been last on my mind. I need be I would like to sell it and get a small car, better on the gas mileage anyway and we have a truck for any hauling or towing.

There's all kinds of modifications for different vehicle out there. Search on YouTube 'Hawaii Mazda5'. That's what I just ended up getting. Just an example of the cool stuff out there.

Those mods are amazing! My husband is already scheming (he is a mechanical engineer), I have a feeling he will be on Youtube all night Like I said, its still of in the future, right now I just want to focus on getting out of here and home! But its still fun to keep a goal.

Lol yeah they're pretty cool. Try 'Scion XB Braun' and look for the clip with the white one ..... :-)

I'll def have to check it out and show it to Ayden! Once I start looking and get in the shopping mood i'm sure I'll find some sweet stuff

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam.I.Am View Post
    As of now I have a 2001 Toyota Highlander. I haven't really looked into seeing if I can get in or out of it yet. Kinda been last on my mind. I need be I would like to sell it and get a small car, better on the gas mileage anyway and we have a truck for any hauling or towing.
    At your level and given the time, getting in the highlander is do-able. I drive an Audi Q7 and a VW Touerag and have no problems. Last thing you need is a ramp vehicle, save that for getting old. If you get rid of the highlander, look for something where the transfer height is about the same as your chair. The Venza, subaru outback, and other cars are about perfect for that. Something too low is hard to get out, Again, YouTube has all kinds of stuff for SCI, it's just wording it right to find it.