Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Declaration of INterDEPENDENCE - Sign it

Declaration of INterDEPENDENCE - Sign it

www.bit.ly/RickHansen

To: Mr. Rick Hansen
    Re: Getting us up and walking

1. How much are you planning to spend in the next five years to find a cure for chronic spinal cord injury?
    2. Which research projects (basic and clinical research) will be funded by Rick Hansen organizations to get people with chronic sci out of wheelchairs?
    3. What is the Rick Hansen Foundation/Rick Hansen Institute's ability/willingness to fund promising science to cure chronic spinal cord injury both domestically and internationally?

These are the questions. Now we want an answer.
    As many of you know the Rick Hansen Interdependence global conference is set for 15 May in Vancouver, Canada.

This is a very good time for us to shout the cure message loud and clear so that it's not missed.

Many of you have already sent emails to the Rick Hansen Foundation demanding answers and your emails have already had a tremendous impact (http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=178227).

Now it's time to ask for more. We have put together a very good set of questions that we need answered and we're going to let the world know that we WANT answered and that's about Rick Hansen's plan to cure chronic spinal cord injury.

You can add your name to the appeal at www.bit.ly/RickHansen

But more than this, we need you to get this in the hands of your friends, family, coworkers, and even enemies to get them to sign. I've attached a PDF with the full details for YOU to send to your supporters.

We've already done a lot with the Rick Hansen Foundation and now we need a little more push and success or failure lies in our hands.

This is not a campaign AGAINST Rick Hansen.
    This is an appeal TO Rick Hansen to get on cure's side.

Think of it a like a political campaign.
    This is our long march from INTERdependence to INdependence.

Today is when we declare to the world that WE will be the decision makers in terms of our own health and lives.
    Today is when we declare to all the old paralysis orgs that they must march to the drum of cure regardless of how thankful we are for their past work.

Today is when we stand up.

This is not an appeal by the weak to the strong.
    This is not an appeal that we make with bowed heads in hope that someone will help us.
    This is an appeal made by those who are standing up and marching together towards cure.

(Please forgive my corniness

It's up to us, my friends. So let's do it.
    www.bit.ly/RickHansen

and don't forget to sign at www.bit.ly/RickHansen

PS. Let's not get into a debate about whether Rick is a good guy or not. He is. He's done a lot. Now it's time to do more.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Stem Cells, you are the man on this. I'd also like to add this. wise Young and Stem Cell INc are currently the only ones doing trials on CHRONICS Wise has areported so far so SAFE. Nothing on efficay yet. Stem Cell Inc had a report last week on treatment of childhood disease where kids don't form myelin and die within ten years. they reporrted that they have been able to remyelinate thru their stem cell injections; but nothing on spinal cord yet. We've been through the Acorda/Silver thing and nothing except Acorda says 2-3 years before clinical trials would commence. so 5 years at the earliest. So we are at the same position we have been in for the last 3 years where hope was alive. We see blogs coming of stem cellls already in human trials for other ailments that ,early, but successful. Your idea of holding people responsibel for ansewering the question where is the money going and when will it happen is very clear. Hansen does do marathons and is good for him, but not for us.

Hopefully we will get answers from all of the above soon.

anthony

got it done

thanks for putting this together

this would be good approach for crf also
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Anthony and Leo,
    Thanks.
    The key now is getting it to those who love us, who want to see us walk (and even enemies who'd like to give us a punch in the head but refrain because we're in chairs).
    Our personal touch with potential signers is important.
    Dennis Tesolat

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Also, anyone who wants to make a personal appeal about signing. I'd be happy to put it out on my blog and to others who have supported us all in the past.

Two, three, four paragraphs is all I need and I'll run it in your own words (as long as it's PRO cure).
    Dennis Tesolat

Martin Luther King

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    got it done

thanks for putting this together

this would be good approach for crf also
    I think that all the orgs have explaining to do.
    Dennis Tesolat

Martin Luther King

Dennis for us that is the statement that makes the most sense;" they all have explaining to do". On the site where do we resend and tell our family and friends to send?

Anthony

You can send them them the PDF that is attached OR even easier, you can send them this link.
    www.bit.ly/RickHansen

Below is the copy of a message that I've been sending to my friends. Feel free to cut and paste.
    Hope you're good. Just a really quick message.

There is an international conference in Canada in May regarding spinal cord injury which is being run by the Rick Hansen Foundation.
    Many of us have been running campaigns to this org to get them to disclose their financial commitment to a cure for paralysis. This is one the biggest spinal injury orgs in the world and their commitment to cure is very important. All the details are in the attached and I hope you spend one or two seconds to sign the appeal at
    www.bit.ly/RickHansen (all the info is here, too).
    And if you have a second, please pass it along to your friends.
    Thanks.
    Dennis Tesolat

Martin Luther King

You can send them them the PDF that is attached OR even easier, you can send them this link.
    www.bit.ly/RickHansen

Below is the copy of a message that I've been sending to my friends. Feel free to cut and paste.
    Hope you're good. Just a really quick message.

There is an international conference in Canada in May regarding spinal cord injury which is being run by the Rick Hansen Foundation.
    Many of us have been running campaigns to this org to get them to disclose their financial commitment to a cure for paralysis. This is one the biggest spinal injury orgs in the world and their commitment to cure is very important. All the details are attached and I hope you spend one or two seconds to sign the appeal at
    www.bit.ly/RickHansen (all the info is here, too).
    And if you have a second, please pass it along to your friends.
    Thanks.
    Dennis Tesolat

Martin Luther King

Thanks Dennis you've made my extreme busy day a whole lot easier, sent it already. Thank You again.