Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have crip friends that are just plain ***holes?

Do you have crip friends that are just plain ***holes?

Do you have crip friends that are just plain assholes?

I have a buddy about 10 years my senior I met at Magee that I think because of narcotics, has basically turned on everyone that cares about him, including his wife. He texts me after not talking for a year with pictures of a BMW convertible that he says he gave his wife an ultimatum of "Since you are working and I'm not, sign this loan for the convertible or get the fuck out."

I asked several times if he was fucking with me. He stood his ground. I told him you don't put people you love into a corner like that. The phone call deteriorated from there.

THAT is why I don't like New Jersey, too many "tough guys," who think they are playing out a tough guy script. Yes, I am making a sweeping generalization but I have encountered it my whole fucking life. It's a part of me that I can't seem to exorcise and a few people in Ohio (and probably here) think THAT's the real me!

Ugh, my fucking Tuesday.
    And the truth shall set you free.

no, i don't have friends who are assholes in that manner(AB or gimp). ppl often see your friends as a reflection of yourself. so if you keep company with assholes, ppl will then go "well maybe he is an asshole too"
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

I hear you, but he wasn't always this way. His wife is like him but has stuck through his side through his injury and everything.

I guess I didn't provide enough back story. My bad.

His wife either deserves a medal or a good talking to about her need to get away from such a manipulative jerk. I have known people like this Joe, and some of them have been in chairs although probably not much different in percentages from the AB population. I never really understand why they have such confidence that people will stick by them because nothing in the laws of nature or human emotions demands us to be verbally or physically abused. I think most guys in chairs come to terms with their disabilities, but there are a small group who try to out macho everyone on the planet, usually coming off as total aholes in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    I hear you, but he wasn't always this way. His wife is like him but has stuck through his side through his injury and everything.

I guess I didn't provide enough back story. My bad.
    there comes a point sometimes whether you feel a friendship is worth it. and only you can determine that.

clearly he is being a jerk and doesn't want to hear it.

i'm not sure what you mean when you said that ppl here think that you have a tough guy persona... the vast majority of your posts in r&s are about being a so called "beta male" and how you are suffering from vatican 2 reformations. hardly the stuff of a guy "playing out a tough guy script."

either way, clearly your friend needs help and unfortunately he may have to reach bottom before he realizes that he does. :/ tough
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Some people are just that way, it doesn't matter if they are gimps, race, religion or anything. It's just who they are.
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Yes. Handicapped people who feel agrieved at society in general for their suffering (simply because they are not suffering and selfishly using thier legs to move on with their life)......yes, I know some of these.

They abuse peoples good nature in order to act like a butt.

These people give the rest of us a bad name and should be called out.

Unfortunately, some people just hate the world and the older they get the more they hate it. It doesn't take a disability though.

He won't be any happier sitting in that BMW.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

I guess my point is that some people would be dicks if they were still AB. But people wouldnt put up with their crap.

Now that they have a disability they use it as a free-pass to continue being a dick with relative impunity. not cool.

I guess the disability just amplifies our core. I know it's not easy but his pride and his ego have often gotten in front of his happiness. I'm not better but damn, if I ever put "things" in front of "people" - shoot me.