Thread: Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation - grants

Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation - grants

I've heard that the CDRF has dissolved its individual grants program (under which researchers could apply for grants for their research). Donations would go only to its consortium lab.

It would seem that making donations to CDRF might be a little more futile from now on.

Does anyone know any more or have an opinion?

And some labs were left wondering where their funding was???? A travesty.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I have no details but I think there's more to this story. Ya'll know, I've never been a CDRF fan but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt until I learn more directly from them on this. Let's not start a feeding frenzy just yet.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Paddon View Post
    I've heard that the CDRF has dissolved its individual grants program (under which researchers could apply for grants for their research). Donations would go only to its consortium lab.

It would seem that making donations to CDRF might be a little more futile from now on.

Does anyone know any more?
    Maybe it's old news. According to their website page right now, the last funding cycle even mentioned was December of "2010" and says they are not presently taking any new applications to the program.
    http://www.christopherreeve.org/site/c.ddJFKRNoFiG/b.4434995/k.C2EC/Individual_Research_Grants__SCI_investigatorinitia ted_research.htm

Has anyone heard if CDRF is going to restart the individual research grants program or not?

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Has anyone heard if CDRF is going to restart the individual research grants program or not?
    That wasnt the impression I got from Liz Bradbury last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    That wasnt the impression I got from Liz Bradbury last month.
    Thank you for keeping up on that. I hadn't heard that they were funding the individual research grants for the sci labs, but thought maybe I'd fallen behind on watching the research funding for SCI. As far as I know then there are no individual grants going out to the sci research labs.