Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quickie Vs Tilite Measurements

Like Amy, I also have the adjustable strap seat on my TR, where when new I had to tighten it every so often, but the last few times we tried it wouldn't tighten anymore. If possible, I would never own standard (non-adjustable) seat upholstery again.

Keep in mind that if you go with a solid seat pan, you will sit higher than with upholstery, so you may need to calculate for that.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    Like Amy, I also have the adjustable strap seat on my TR, where when new I had to tighten it every so often, but the last few times we tried it wouldn't tighten anymore. If possible, I would never own standard (non-adjustable) seat upholstery again.

Keep in mind that if you go with a solid seat pan, you will sit higher than with upholstery, so you may need to calculate for that.
    *deep breath* As much as I hate myself for conceding to this but I'm contemplating paying the crazy high UK prices if it means getting a full assessment to get this right. I only say this because I've had a lot of trouble with frame angle and footplate with my current chair. This is due to muscle tightness in my quads that stop my legs from bending at high angles easily. I have visions of finding the perfect chair, getting it made and having everything right except for my feet hanging off the end because I've not got the front end perfect. Even in the avatar you can see only my heels are in contact.

I contacted Sunrise medical and asked them for the specs and designs for my current chair so maybe that will help. If and when I get them, I'll put them up along with pictures of me in the chair and see what you guys have to say. Maybe that will make things clearer

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    I also have problems with my feet coming off the front. My ankles never quite come all the way down, and causes my feet to "bounce" off. I've has 3 chairs with a flat footrest, tried a longer frame thinking that would help, it didn't really help much. I've raised footrest up and down, thinking gravity eventually would pull my ankles down, Nope. I have been using an Icon since Xmas and it has an angled footrest and I haven't had problems with feet coming off, so maybe that's the trick.

I don't know if this works for your UK chair, but below is a link to do a serial # look up for Quickie chairs, it will give you your chair info.

http://orderentry.sunrisemedical.com...owPlainResults

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    i think i may have had a different experience to many (ive read several references to people tightening their seat straps) but i have a tr with tapered seat, which has the tension-adjustible straps (default with taper, but upcharge for everyone else), which ive had since january 2007, and ive never once had to adjust the straps. its still flat as a board, rock solid.

it may have some thing to do with your weight...
    I only weigh 65kg though. (not sure the american imperial unit)

I guess mine is exactly like yours.TR, tension adjustable by strap, and tapered from 15" to 12" to the front.I had trouble tightening the front part of the seat.the buckle which fold the strap (the square metal part) misaligned to a side and there's nothing i can do.in the end, i stop tightening it. not that i have issue with it being saggy. it's just not pleasant to see.

I love my chair though. heh.
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Quote Originally Posted by ipenguin View Post
    *deep breath* As much as I hate myself for conceding to this but I'm contemplating paying the crazy high UK prices if it means getting a full assessment to get this right. I only say this because I've had a lot of trouble with frame angle and footplate with my current chair. This is due to muscle tightness in my quads that stop my legs from bending at high angles easily. I have visions of finding the perfect chair, getting it made and having everything right except for my feet hanging off the end because I've not got the front end perfect. Even in the avatar you can see only my heels are in contact.

I contacted Sunrise medical and asked them for the specs and designs for my current chair so maybe that will help. If and when I get them, I'll put them up along with pictures of me in the chair and see what you guys have to say. Maybe that will make things clearer
    If you have a flat footrest it's pretty easy to bend it so it tilts back a bit.

Jim Martinson from Shadow, before it was bought out, did that to their chairs all the time. He just put the chair up on its footrest, placed a long bar between the bars that form the rest and lowered the chair on the long bar to bend it down. Took 30 seconds at most. I do it on any new chair I own if it needs it. Just don't go too far or too fast. Doesn't take much effort.

The Angle Adjustable Footrest on a TR is a No Charge option.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    If you have a flat footrest it's pretty easy to bend it so it tilts back a bit.

Jim Martinson from Shadow, before it was bought out, did that to their chairs all the time. He just put the chair up on its footrest, placed a long bar between the bars that form the rest and lowered the chair on the long bar to bend it down. Took 30 seconds at most. I do it on any new chair I own if it needs it. Just don't go too far or too fast. Doesn't take much effort.
    If it has a titanium tubular footrest, I wouldn't recommend that. One of the reasons titanium chairs cost more is that its properties require that it be done right the first time. There are no do overs. Hopefully, someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe this is due to its modulus of elasticity (this is also why it can flex but still hold its shape).

I believe someone posted here that TiLite will fabricate a tubular footrest with an additional 5 degrees upon request.