Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quickie Vs Tilite Measurements

just rereading - you said you are deciding between a tr and a zra? the only real difference between the two in terms of measurements you csnt change (much) is that on the zra you can change the rear seat height and the caster angle. if you like the rsh on your gpv, follow the tilite instructions (Measure from floor to top of seat tube at back post.) and measure your gpv that way. you may have to round the number up or down (tilite uses half-inch increments for this measurement). then yiu know what to order....

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    just rereading - you said you are deciding between a tr and a zra? the only real difference between the two in terms of measurements you csnt change (much) is that on the zra you can change the rear seat height and the caster angle. if you like the rsh on your gpv, follow the tilite instructions (Measure from floor to top of seat tube at back post.) and measure your gpv that way. you may have to round the number up or down (tilite uses half-inch increments for this measurement). then yiu know what to order....
    The only thing i'm worried about now is the frame angle. I have a lot of trouble keeping my feet on the footrest as it is, so it's very important to get it right to reduce the issues as much as possible. Nevertheless, There's still a long time to work this stuff out

Hey guys, just another question to confirm something I think I know. From what I've read, because tilite start the bend in the frame before Quickie chairs, so I need to add an extra inch in seat depth? For example my current chair is 16x17 - Will I need to order 16x18 to compensate for the different design?

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by ipenguin View Post
    Hey guys, just another question to confirm something I think I know. From what I've read, because tilite start the bend in the frame before Quickie chairs, so I need to add an extra inch in seat depth? For example my current chair is 16x17 - Will I need to order 16x18 to compensate for the different design?
    No, add an extra inch to frame length. It's an option they charge extra for on the order form.

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    No, add an extra inch to frame length. It's an option they charge extra for on the order form.
    Aah thank you! My brain is kinda swimming with info from reading these forums. Hope it'll organise itself over time

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    I would suggest the rigid seat pan, their fabric seat sling sucks 10X worse than the quickie. At least my old quickie fabric sling I could tighten it, not so much with the TiLite one.

Thank you - Will do...I want something as efficient as possible. Can't have energy wasted on a loose seat sling

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    I would suggest the rigid seat pan, their fabric seat sling sucks 10X worse than the quickie. At least my old quickie fabric sling I could tighten it, not so much with the TiLite one.
    ditto.im having the same problem, being a tapered seat, there's no way to tight it firmly.

im using TR.
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Quote Originally Posted by nia adha View Post
    ditto.im having the same problem, being a tapered seat, there's no way to tight it firmly.

im using TR.
    That sucks!! You would have thought that after putting all that effort and design work into the frame that they'd spend a decent amount of time on something as relatively simple as a seat sling?

Silly Tilite!

i think i may have had a different experience to many (ive read several references to people tightening their seat straps) but i have a tr with tapered seat, which has the tension-adjustible straps (default with taper, but upcharge for everyone else), which ive had since january 2007, and ive never once had to adjust the straps. its still flat as a board, rock solid.

it may have some thing to do with your weight...

you mentioned deciding on a frame angle - the only rigid frame chair i can think of offhand that has an adjustable angle is the icon... which is also available through sportaid, but at a higher base price than the tr. theres plenty of information on this forum. up to you, but takes the guesswork out of choosing measurements that if you calculate wrong or put on a inch of weight, you might be stuck with!