Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quickie Vs Tilite Measurements

Lightbulb Quickie Vs Tilite Measurements

Hey you brilliant CareCure folk! Just one more of those questions that may have been answered a million times but I've searched and can't see anything exact.

Basically, I just wanted to ask, in your experience, how comparable are Quickie and Tilite chairs in terms of measurements. I ask because I'll be ordering internationally and so won't be able to meet up with a Tilite rep before ordering. My GPV is just right in terms of it's measurements - Frame angle, seat depth width etc. It would be great if I could use the same numbers from one chair to the next. If they are comparable, I'd buy the TR, if they're not, I'd go for the ZRa.

I plan on calling Sportaid direct and go through the order form with them but I still don't want to make mistakes.

Thank you :-)

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    the Quickie frame is generally longer. I would tell them you want a CAD drawing with the measurement from the seat back to the front of frame to make sure you get the same length chair. This normally is not on the CAD. I think adding 2 inches get the tilite close to the same length, but someone will correct me if i'm wrong. other measurements will be the same, they just measure where the front bend is at differently, resulting in a different overall frame length difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    the Quickie frame is generally longer. I would tell them you want a CAD drawing with the measurement from the seat back to the front of frame to make sure you get the same length chair. This normally is not on the CAD. I think adding 2 inches get the tilite close to the same length, but someone will correct me if i'm wrong. other measurements will be the same, they just measure where the front bend is at differently, resulting in a different overall frame length difference.
    Thanks jschism - I'll do that

look on tilite.com to get the order form (you have to go into the usa site to get that info, its not on the international site). at the top of each section they describe how to get each measurement (ie. from the centre of the back post to wherever). dont forget your gpv will be metric - get yourself an imperial tape measure and check all the gpv measurements, but according to the tilite instructions, and in inches. that way will be your easiest translation. you might end up with a few halves - like 15 1/2 inch seat width, for example, and in those cases youll need to decide if you should round up or down for the tilite.

good luck!

eta: contact gerald simonds about doing a demo... they might be too far away, but they usually have a stand at the mobility roadshow in june
    Last edited by amyk; 04-16-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    look on tilite.com to get the order form (you have to go into the usa site to get that info, its not on the international site). at the top of each section they describe how to get each measurement (ie. from the centre of the back post to wherever). dont forget your gpv will be metric - get yourself an imperial tape measure and check all the gpv measurements, but according to the tilite instructions, and in inches. that way will be your easiest translation. you might end up with a few halves - like 15 1/2 inch seat width, for example, and in those cases youll need to decide if you should round up or down for the tilite.

good luck!

eta: contact gerald simonds about doing a demo... they might be too far away, but they usually have a stand at the mobility roadshow in june
    Thanks AmyK - Luckily I was born at a time when Britain was still very confused about weights and measures so I convert everything into inches anyway. I'll get measuring

Some posts that may be worth reading through...

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=123960

This next link is referenced in the thread above and shows a TiLite and Quickie side-by-side that are the same size, which reveals the shorter frame of a TiLite...

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=86412
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    Some posts that may be worth reading through...

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=123960

This next link is referenced in the thread above and shows a TiLite and Quickie side-by-side that are the same size, which reveals the shorter frame of a TiLite...

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=86412
    Thanks Brian. Really helpful. I've just been reading through a discussion that you and others were having with someone looking to switch from a GPV to a Tilite. There's SO much to think about but all very helpful. I've got about 4 months before I need to make final choices so hopefully, everything will work out

It can make your head spin and it is normal to second guess yourself.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

I went from the gpv comp to a zra,i basicly used the same measurements from the gpv tho i did go from a 18" wide to 17".The only real difference i noticed was the extra inch in the front bend of the frame in the gpv. It made no real difference to me tho.Very happy with the chair,so much easier to push.

Quote Originally Posted by rolling01au View Post
    I went from the gpv comp to a zra,i basicly used the same measurements from the gpv tho i did go from a 18" wide to 17".The only real difference i noticed was the extra inch in the front bend of the frame in the gpv. It made no real difference to me tho.Very happy with the chair,so much easier to push.
    Ah that's so good to know it went well. I was reading your thread yesterday and wondered how it went.

Cheers!!