Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Schwalbe tires?

Question Question about Schwalbe tires?

I purchased a set of RightRuns from Sportaid back in November and they are already pretty much wore out..........the black strip in the middle has about wore totally off. I have been diligent in keeping the correct tire pressure in them and I do not get on and rough surfaces much at all.

Is it normal for a pneumatic tire to wear this fast? its been years since Ive been on pneumatics but if they wear out every 3 or 4 months, Im going back to a solid tire.........40.00 - 80.00 a pair every 3 - 4 months adds up. Ive gotten years out of KIK Makos etc.

I've got no experience with the Right Runs but my current pair of Schwalbe Marathons have one year on them and I still have tread. I'm confused by your tires wearing out so quickly but as I said, I never ran RR's. I used to get 3 or 4 months out or Primos and Kendas, that was normal for me. The Marathons really do last longer though they're twice as heavy and have a dull feeling when you push but I think it's only a feeling, I don't think they are in the end, harder to push.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    you might contact Schwalbe, I've been using my right runs for over a year

Woww. And I didn't know the black strip was on top of the colored rubber, thats interesting! I wonder if you got a defective set? I'll be watching for what you figure out since I want some RRs.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

yeah, that sucks. Any chance you wheeled through something petroleum-based somewheres?

I've had a couple SpeedRuns do the same thing, the centre section of black rubber seperates and flakes off in chunks. I am currently running out the last set I'll buy from them. I already have the replacement Marathon's I'll be switching to, like you say I can't keep buying tires at those prices.

As others have said, contact Schwalbe - I'm sure they know there's an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    The Marathons really do last longer though they're twice as heavy and have a dull feeling when you push but I think it's only a feeling, I don't think they are in the end, harder to push.
    I'm fairly sure stephen212 recently changed from MPs to RRs - care to comment?

i used to get 4 months before my kenda koncept lost its tread, but i use it extensively.i get myself a year in the end before it really shows the tube.i just switched to schwalbe durano.
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

I have been running right runs for 9 months now...no problems like you described. It sounds like you got a bad pair...although mine is the normal gray tire. I do not think the color has any difference...but I wanted you know so that you know exactly what I am comparing it to.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

I have been riding with them for more than a year without problem, bad pair, i had a bad pair in the past too, schwalbe gave me a new one.

I wrote Schwalbe a email through their website and they replied and asked me to fill out a warranty claim and attach the pictures and they would look into it.

I will update as soon as I hear something back from them.