Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Schwalbe Airborne

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    , it will be interesting to see how long they last.

I though the same about your seat pan.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    I though the same about your seat pan.
    Not all of us take 2 foot drops off of curbs.

Not all of us take 2 foot drops off of curbs.
    Of course i wasn`t thinking in jumping curbs with that seat, just with your own weight will be enough, you will see it with your own eyes, and be careful going down curbs.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Of course i wasn`t thinking in jumping curbs with that seat, just with your own weight will be enough, you will see it with your own eyes, and be careful going down curbs.

Good luck!
    I had someone do it and they did cut out more than I expected (to be fair, they did exactly what I asked, I just measured wrong). It hasn't caused me any problems yet, in fact I like the flex it has compared to the one I did which was just a solid CF seat. We will see, if it breaks I will just try again

Good looking boots.

If anyone in Canada is interested in a set of these for 25" wheels (559) I'd be willing to part with them.. the reason I offer is because I couldn't get them imported 18 months ago, got them with my Lasher BT-Mg and didn't use them for very long. They are probably >95% tread, they just weren't my taste.

The reason I list them here is that if someone is googling them they will find this thread easily. I'm not actively trying to sell them, just looking to help out a fellow Canuck if they suit your fancy. PM me.

I got the 540 sized airbornes. I like them, it will be interesting to see how long they last.
    I think they look good, thanks for the picture. Do you expect them not to last as long as the Marathons? How do they ride, is it firm or is it harder to push?

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    I think they look good, thanks for the picture. Do you expect them not to last as long as the Marathons? How do they ride, is it firm or is it harder to push?
    They are softer than the marathons, I kinda miss the rock hard, inflated to 135 psi zip you get on the marathons. My office building has a marble floored lobby that I can go insanely fast on with the marathons, with the airborns not so much. OTOH I like the softer ride on rough pavement.

My guess is after they wear out I will go back to the marathons.