Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: InVivo - moving forward to clinicals

Quote Originally Posted by ineedmyelin View Post
    I suffered a c4-c5 injury in a car accident. i was completley paralyzed from the neck down. completley paralyzed! for three long months i had to lay there as the drs would prick me with pin all up and down my feet, legs, arms, chest. i always had the same answere, i cant feel a thing, i cant move anything.

after three months the drs told me that i should have shown some signs of some recovery around the 2 month period. i was told they could not do nothing else for me and that i would need assistance with EVERYTHING for the rest of my life. i was moved to a rehab hospital.

after three months at rehab i was walking in the parallel bars. 22 yrs later i walk with only a regular wooden cane. i still have issues with bladder, i ha ve about 1 minute to find a bathroom or i have an accident. i used to use suppositories for bowel but i got control of bowel about 7 yrs ago, now bowel is normal.

i tell my story as absolute proof that it would be better to do trials in chronics. how can they tell whether acutes will or will not recover on their on, i did.
    wow. thanks for sharing. very interesting how much later you gained bowel control.

well this trial is good news for people that dont even know it yet. thats a plus. lets just hope they dont forget about telling us chronics that they would be working on a cure for us as well.

have they tried this procedure on a chronic injured animal? or is that completely pointless? sorry for my stupidity on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by 0xSquidy View Post
    And what "we will know" if just some patients get recovery? You know that each injury is likely to be very different than the next one right?
    So then never will be a cure cause all sci are different

Quote Originally Posted by NowhereMan View Post
    It's not ass backwards because they don't have a product that will work on chronic SCI, it only has the potential to work on acute SCI. Their device is about neuro-protection, not neuro-regeneration.
    That's exactly part of the problem. is they went to work directly on acute injuries, unless I'm missing something and they discovered this accidentally and it was too good to pass up.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Quote Originally Posted by KIM View Post
    So then never will be a cure cause all sci are different
    False. Different kinds of injuries will need different kinds of treatments. There's no "one fits all".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    wow. thanks for sharing. very interesting how much later you gained bowel control.

well this trial is good news for people that dont even know it yet. thats a plus. lets just hope they dont forget about telling us chronics that they would be working on a cure for us as well.

have they tried this procedure on a chronic injured animal? or is that con this subject.
    In my honest opinion, I don't think they're going to forget about us at all. Just a few weeks ago, they were the platinum sponsor the Massachusetts chapter of the spinal cord injury Association gala event. Frank Reynolds and Ed Wirth attended and could not be more supportive/friendly/willing to take questions from our chronic population. Like everything we need to stay cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by StemCells&AtomBombs View Post
    That's exactly part of the problem. is they went to work directly on acute injuries
    And why would they do that? There is a very obvious reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcT View Post
    I bought a goodly amount of stock in this company recently and thought Id share.
    I wish I had a dime for every thread posted from investors.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    In my honest opinion, I don't think they're going to forget about us at all. Just a few weeks ago, they were the platinum sponsor the Massachusetts chapter of the spinal cord injury Association gala event. Frank Reynolds and Ed Wirth attended and could not be more supportive/friendly/willing to take questions from our chronic population. Like everything we need to stay cautiously optimistic.
    Did they, friendly, mention what they are really doing to treat chronic SCI?
    Any functional recovery reported on animals with chronic SCI?

Let me guess.... no, correct?

Why did they focus on acute first when they go around talking to people with chronic SCI?

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by NowhereMan View Post
    And why would they do that? There is a very obvious reason why.
    Maybe I'm dense.
    Why?
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    I wish I had a dime for every thread posted from investors.

Yes, I am simply an investor. Ignore the fact that I am a c7 quad who invested in a company who has lofty, yet realistic goals to someday make me walk again and you're right - I am just an investor.

Im sure someone far more intelligent and well-versed on the subject can explain why most (if not all...) clinical trials are and will be focused on acute spinal cord injury initially. In the mean time, InVivo has already done research and has plans to move on to address chronic sci. http://www.invivotherapeutics.com/our-research/

It really is sad how much negativity there is on most any sci-related forums, but these especially. Sure, be skeptical, but dont be so pessimistic about everything. Unsure how you guys live without hope - its what keeps me going.